Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

Exactly, I just plugged them in and Windows did the rest.

The only driver that I ever installed was the one for the FIPs, and that one is on the Logitech site (Flight_Instrument_Panel_x64_Drivers_8.0.150.0.exe)

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

1 Like

I tried to plug the switch panel to a 2.0 USB port, but same as before.
I have deinstalled FSX plugin, and this time switches are working fine so my post above is uncorrect
I will try to see by installing the flight instrument panels driver if it solves the lights issue

ÉDIT: what is strange in the tool in enhanced power management menu is that my switch panel is duplicated in multiple entries, maybe it happens as I switched USB ports several times…?

Hello @ll,

to those who have the dark LED effect: would one of you mind sending me an email? Address is on the last page of the manual. I need more information and possibly a logfile from your computer.

Many thanks and best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

1 Like

Done, thks Oliver

I have received my Logitech Radio Panel today and tested it out with Axis and Ohs right away. I set AandO to 10hz and did not experience any stutters or low FPS. Is there any magic value from which point on it will result in performance degradation with the current Simconnect bug?

The Radio Panel works great so far. I only have the issue that when I turn the rotary dial, the digits of the panel will only change with every second “click”. I modified the corresponding values in AandO from double to single and vice versa, but it never changed the behavior. Anything else I could do?

I think I need to read up how to adjust the ADF again. It appeared that the outer rotary adjusts the first digits and the inner one the last ones. But the inner one will take ages to adjust the frequency as it is going through all decimal values. I would have to do approx. 100 hundred complete turns to once cycle through.

Despite the above issues I really love the panel and AandO. No more cursing about zooming in, instead of adjusting frequencies :slight_smile:

Setting the rotary action to double click should help with that. Maybe restart the app for good measure when you change that setting. Also be mindful that reducing the refresh rate makes the panel operation slower too. The default value is 18Hz, which ensures fluid motion and refresh - but that would be the point where the problems set in. Still hoping for good news from Asobo on Thursday…

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

@LorbySI
Thank you for coming back to me. I did try it with 18hz, double click setting and restarted AandOh app. It is still the same behaviour (only reacting on every second click). I guess I will wait for the Simconnect patch. Or is this not related? Any chance to debug within AandO, like reading out what input is received by the panel?

Yes, but only on my devel system…

Unfortunately there are quite a few different versions of this hardware around, and not all of them play nice. People contacted me who had just bought new panels - and their firmware version was even older than mine, and I bought my panels 4 years ago. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to check out all those variants, that is why there is a demo version.

If you want, send me an email, address is on the last page of the manual. There is a current development version that I could use for experiments like this one…

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

1 Like

Thank you very much Oliver, I will email you tomorrow. Highly appreciated!

Is this websitde down? https://www.lorby-si.com/products.html

can’t the firmware be updated?

Works fine for me?

Not that I know of. I think that is actually physically hard wired.

Besides, things like the rotatry encoders seem have changed over the years too (they “click” differently)

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

yes, now it works for me, too.

Hello @ll,

while we are all waiting for the MSFS update that hopefully cures the SimConnect issues, work has continued with AxisAndOhs.

As a first step, the DEMO version has been updated to 1.60, for you try if you want. The release to the shops will have to wait until the MSFS update though. Just to be on the safe side, should there be new issues.

The following has changed:

• several minor bugfixes
  • it is now possible to assign the same flight control axis to multiple controllers
  • more control over the behavior of the rotary encoders of the SaitekPanels
  • improved trim wheel action on the Saitek Multi Panel
  • AAO now has WebFIPs too (in addition to the Desktop FIPs). So you can access virtual flight instruments using a web browser on any device on your LAN or Wifi. (Still limited to owners of Saitek gear though)

NOTE: contrary to the old manual, it is advisable to start AAO before you start MSFS. On many PCs there are problems (= MSFS crashes) when the app is started while the sim is running. MSFS is very sensitive to events on the USB ports, even if it is just software like AAO generating them…​

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

@LorbySI
Hi Oliver, first of all, i like to say “thank you very much” for all.

i just like to inform you, that there is a problem with the new version (b05)

During installation i get the message:
“Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files\LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS\LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS.exe
Click to Abort…”

I still enjoy your old version and wait for Release to buy it.

Thank you again.

Regards: ColossusCH

Are you updating an existing installation or is this the first time that you are using it? This message usually comes up when the app is still running and the exe is in use. Make sure that AAO is not active, when in doubt, restart your computer.

Otherwise I would look for messages from your AntiVirus. Every new program is usually suspicious for them.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Hi Oliver,
just uninstall old version, reboot my PC, and now, it works :smile:

Thank you again.

Best regards:
ColossusCH

I can’t install the Axis and Ohs:

I extracted the fils and isntalled VC++ and Framework (was already installed):

When I click on the *.exe it says (translated) “This app can’t be installed on this computer”

Can anyone help me?

Not sure. Shop version or Demo version?
What kind of computer are we talking about? The same that you are running MSFS on? Make sure that you are using the correct installer (“LorbyAxisAndOhs_Install_MSFS.exe”)

I have only seen this message when people were trying to install 64bit software on 32bit computers. Maybe your AntiVirus is blocking it? Every new app is usually seen as bad.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI