B787 and B747 Reverse Toggle not working during landing, or over 50 knots

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No mods, only other add-on planes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

B787 and 747

Brief description of the issue:

While landing, Toggle Reverse Thrust button does not work until you’re under 50 knots, which only leaves the option to use Hold Reverse Thrust button which becomes awkward to continuously hold the button down while trying to use other controls during landing. It seems before the recent update, you only had to press the TRT button once and increase throttles, and it would increase reverse, but now does not seem to do anything but increase forward thrust until the 787 is below around 50 knots. TRT function works fine on other aircraft that does not have negative thrust (reverse) on throttle slider, such as the Airbus 320.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

While touching down on a runway for landing, reduce throttles completely to idle and pressing key map #10 on joystick, which I have set as the Toggle Reverse function

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Logitech 3D Pro Joystick

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello,
Please do not delete parts of the bug template. I have edited your post.

Anyone can verify if idle reverse is simulated here. Tried engaging the reverse thrust on my keyboard upon touchdown it seems only have full reverse thrust mapped. Same for the 747-8.

I also tried the F1 and F2 functions on keyboard, and those keys gave me the same results.

It works, but only below 50 knts. Try it after landing at rollout !!

1 Like

Just did another trip Goose Bay to Niagara Falls ILS 28R and managed to land and not overrun the runway this time using Hold Reversers down the whole time and autobrake 3. I did try the Reverse Toggle again at first, and still doesnt work. I guess I will have to try to get used to using reversers this way until it somehow gets fixed.

This is the issue i had. Spontaneous f2 keyboard press should engage the reverse thrust into idle detent. But instead i had to resort to pressing the f2 key for quite a while and the engine automatically goes into full reverse thrust as a quick f2 press does nothing. This is a minor nuisance for me but a lot of big airports discourage the use of full reversers now so i think its a needed feature. Think this is something WT/asobo has to patch in the future.

1 Like

Mine wont reverse at all using F1 than F2, or Toggle Reversers. Only Hold Reversers work for me. I tried switching from Legacy to Modern, (which fixes the problem for the Darkstar) but that doesnt work either.

Yes

Also the A/C veers left and right immediately after touchdown, making it more difficult to control.

Yes

I have mapped an axis to reverse thrust, but after touch down with throttle at idle, I can’t get reverser to work when using reverser axis. (I got no problem with the same technique on PMDG 737-800)
The only way to use reverse thrust now is to press F1 then hold F2 after touchdown, but the reverse thrust took about 5 to 10 seconds after I keep pressed the F2 button to finally deploy.

Me sucede lo mismo en 787 y 747

There is a sim side issue where if the idle throttle is any amount over 1% the toggle reversers key bind will not be allowed to activate. Our FADEC model is sometimes slightly over 1% at idle, which will cause this issue. We recommend using the hold reversers key bind.

1 Like

i have the same thing on touch down the throttle stays around 2% even when the lever is all the way down and prevents u from using reverse until it goes to 0% about 50 knots

I can confirm that with a TM Hotas X, holding Reverse button (mapped) works but toggling Reverse does not. However, Reverse Thrust is very weak—slowing help is minimal—better than nothing.

1 Like

Addendum to my previous—I let the copilot make the landing last night and when she slammed it into Reverse it came to a dramatic quick stop—threw me forward in my chair. So, I am going to try to manually use the Reverse levers on the throttles in the cockpit rather than my mapped button and see if there is a difference.

Same thing on Thrustmaster Hotas 4, Reverse axis use to work decently before AAU2 now its impossible to land without overrun even with max flaps and spoilers. How is literally anyone able to land the 787 with a throttle lever used as a Reverse Thrust toggle after this update??

1 Like

This isn´t the issue for me, since I can always toggle activate reverse while standing still or moving slowly (taxiing) but never after landing. There seems to be a speed dependence somehow.

1 Like

Same here…Including nav issues with the 747/787 where the GPS flight path is not displayed

1 Like

Same issue here toggling with Logitech Extreme 3D