B787 liveries on Marketplace (XsX) by 4simmers

I don’t understand. 4simmers said the liveries were ready to be out today and Microsoft pulled it back.

Is it that complicated to say “B787 liveries. Only purchase if you own the B787”. I mean who would buy a livery if they don’t own the plane?

I was really waiting for someone to finally release liveries for the B787, we have really not that many liveries in general on Xbox execpt for the A320. So just understand the frustration, it’s my fav airliner.

At least can you tell us when it will be greenlighted for real? Thx guys! Keep up the good work, we definitely need more on the Xbox validation process. :+1:t3::airplane:

8 Likes

it should be easy to just show the product to people that own the aicraft.

2 Likes

I just wanted to create the same topic, good thing I found yours instead. This bothers me as well, and it would be great if we got any information about the issue from the developers. The pack is ready to be published so why does Asobo hold it back? Yes, we know the Boeing 787-10 is not a default aircraft but part of the Premium Deluxe Edition. But this issue could be very easily solved.

• Either include a warning message in the product description that “this item requires Premium Deluxe Edition (sold separately)”
  • Or simply make it so the marketplace displays the pack only for those who have purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition

The second solution may be harder, okay. But the first would be very easy to do. Now we have no pack, no information and who knows how much we’ll have to wait. Who knows if it will be even released at all, or lost to time because Asobo can’t solve some basic issue?

Even the Microsoft Store itself lists a lot of items, DLC and whatnot that require other items and games, and it’s always just there in the product description. “Requires XY base game, sold separately.” That’s it. It would be awesome to know what’s up - I was really looking forward to having liveries for the 787-10 finally.

6 Likes

This week brought another disappointing development.

So it’s essentially Microsoft/Asobo again who are just sitting on the content, unable to provide localization of the product description and that’s why they don’t release the pack. It is extremely frustrating because we have absolutely no information about when it will be published after all. The Marketplace Team’s workflow should be completely overhauled because this is frankly ridiculous.

4 Likes

Completely agree. As I said in the first post, the game is the blast but Asobo/MS needs to put way more efforts on the marketplace and especially on Xbox.

Microsoft doesn’t really care about their console platform anymore and it shows. They’re too busy building the cloud solution and PC Game Pass.

1 Like

& why did they release a Ryanair airbus liverie, Ryanair don’t even use airbus!!??
Why did they release an Easyjet boeing liverie, Easyjet don’t even use boeing!!??
It’s disappointing & unrealistic, not to mention releasing another Embraer, how disappointing.

So, I think we need to remember, these products are for everybody, not just you (not you in particular, but the collective you in a general sense as we all wonder why developers make decisions). While there are those craving realism, there are others who really want to fly a RyanAir Airbus, or see one in the sky. Maybe they don’t expect total realism, it’s enough that there’s a RyanAir aircraft at a RyanAir gate. Maybe they don’t have the Premium pack, and their only choice of airliners are those in the Standard release. That’s why.

Perhaps 4Simmers can find a way to have “Realistic” and “Everything” configurations of the pack for those who purchase from the Marketplace?

Yeah, how selfish of me to point out how unrealistic msfs is becoming

Well that’s not the topic in the first place.

Personally I’m just fed up with all the small things (add-ons released on Xbox marketplace that have not been tested and cause CTD), weird Autopilot behaviour, CTD for no reason, etc. And when it comes to add-ons, every time dev says its in MS hands…

And this livery story, I don’t know what to think honestly. Just keep adding frustration to Xbox users.

2 Likes

At Taipei Songshan Airport (RCSS) with new 787 livery. yay!

2 Likes

:partying_face::+1:t3: Finally!!

Same with 747

1 Like

I just picked up the new, updated 787-10 livery pack in the current sale. Their best yet; absolutely superb. My only complaint is that the promotional titles on the ANA read “Ispiration of Japan” rather than the correct “Inspiration of Japan”. I’ve made 4Simmers aware and asked them to fix it.

1 Like

I was positively surprised by the latest 787-10 pack update. I don’t remember ever seeing liveries like these, where no matter how close you put the camera, the patterns, logos and textures remain perfectly sharp. The previous version of this pack was serviceable but nothing special, and it had some technical issues as well, like renaming the aircraft to “Aeromexico” which contributed me losing more of my hair. Thankfully that’s also fixed (unlike my hair), but the “sharpness” of the “textures” is really something else. On the British Airways livery I even put the camera right ON to the tiny OneWorld logo and the lady on the nose of the aircraft and they still looked like a vector image in a graphics software. I know nothing about livery creation so I don’t know what technique they used this time but it’s definitely a big step up.

I still miss some light weathering and the 787 still shines too perfectly from every angle. And of course there’s that comical spelling error on ANA. But it’s a minor niggle considering the previous errors were fixed and the improvement in overall quality.

1 Like

Just too bad I can’t get myself to do any long-haul flights at the moment. A maximum of 3 hrs is perfect, sweetspot is around the 2hrs mark.

Maybe at some time I can enjoy 7-8 hours flights again…

I know ANA deploys the 787 domesticly. Or was it their 777’s? But other then that I can’t think of sub 5hrs flights with the 787…

You’re free to do any flight after all, it’s a simulator. I also don’t fly for more than 3-4 hours at a time, and that’s really the maximum. Even with the 787-10 it can be fun to fly over Europe or the US. I’ve also done flights from Japan to Taiwan, etc. I don’t think it has to be that long just because it’s a -10.

1 Like

While 788s and -9s are used domestically, ANA’s -10s are deployed internationally out of NRT. But they do operate regional flights of around 2-4hrs.

1 Like

Yes, offcourse. But notice the word Simulator. I take that word pretty serious… :grin:

Yes, that’s correct. I flew the ANA -10 domestically, pretend it to be a -8 or-9😅