Back to the Roots: Bonanza G36 Travels

009: Portorož (LJPZ) → Prijedor (LQPD).

POI’s:

After pausing yesterday for the holiday I am back: With an utterly exhausting flight! It began with a steep climb out of the valley Portorož is located in due to a somewhat “quirky” position of their airport. My first shot was taken soon after, at the village of Momjan.

Mark that I called the flight exhausting, not difficult as it was quite normal except for a 25kn headwind that always shifted with me whenever I adjusted my heading. I started to notice it near the Riječki Zaljev (“Bay of Rijeka”) as I made my way east.

Climbing the next mountain range I came across the town of Delnice, where I began to follow Highway A6 for a while.

After a somewhat bouncy and shaky episode at 5000ft I left the mountains and the strong winds behind me. After dropping down to 2500ft and setting the northern part of Bosnia as my target area I crossed Glina River south of Velika Vranovina.

Almost at the Croatian-Bosnian border I passed the villages of Donji Javoranj and Sundaci with Una River - the border river - in my sights.

At last, I began my approach to the airfield at Prijedor, taking a last scenic shot of the town in front of me.

Small fact:
Did you know that the Una River is famous for it’s unique chalk formations? They form beautiful waterfalls and challenging rapids, turning most of the river into a paradise for wild water rafting adventures.

1 Like