Background updates - Please let us choose!

Background updates
Hi everyone.
I am one of the “suffered” users who have practically not used the FS2020 at all due to the constant reboots of updates and other problems. Today I finally solved that on my own and I want to ask the community to support me with their vote in this desire for changes in the way of updating.

And it seems to me completely illogical that every time you want to sit down and enjoy the flight for a while after a day of work or in a free moment, we have to wait for downloads -more and more frequent- that until they are finished they prevent us from accessing to the program start menu.

Therefore, my suggestion is that patches and updates - small or large - take place in the background just like updates to Windows or other systems.
Also that we are allowed to choose - in those that are not critical - whether or not we want to install them since we do not all have the same drawbacks.
Then we enter the program, we use it and when the time comes, the notice should appear asking if we want to update at that time or later (if the program works for us and we want to use it, we could do it immediately without making problems for it)
I hope my idea seems correct and serves the benefit of all, please support me with your vote to make it come true.

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Don’t force users to update

Hi there,
I have merged your topic with another topic on the same request created a month before this one. I know that this topic is an older one, but I just wanted to give a reminder that we always encourage people to search before creating new topics, especially in the votable sections like Bugs & Issues and Wishlist. Keeping multiple topics open causes people’s votes to get spread thin across many topics instead of concentrated on one topic.
You may wish to vote for the combined topic. Your post is here:

1 Like