Bad Bing Ground Textures after Reload

Once again I find myself somehow messed up. Yesterday, everything looked fine. This is a screen shot I took to report that I wanted to get rid of the generic aircraft. I ended up downloading more planes from AIG, which resolved that issue.

Last night I noticed that my ground textures were gone. This is happening at all airports. This is a screen shot of the same area today:

I’ve done everything I can think of. I deleted the game from Steam (I used the option people accidentally check called “Verify integrity of game files”) which reloaded the entire sim. After that finished, I went back into my Content Manager and downloaded everything I had before.

Graphics are Ultra, DX11, TAA.
Data options are all ON (I turned them off and on several times just to make sure).
I reset the graphics to default and changed them back to Ultra.
Rolling cache is deleted.
Internet is 217 up / 180 down.
My Community folder is empty.

The steamapps/common/MicrosoftFlightSimulator directories and the AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator directories were not deleted when the game reloaded.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 Like

We have existing topics related to that
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=airport%20ground%20textures

, as example:

May be you find some helpfull hints ( e.g. dev-mode, be aware if you use tools like add-on-linker, some mods e.g google-replacement. Some times it seems it was helpfull to disable Bing and PG in settings, save and then re-enable ( e.g. report , may be restart msfs in middle … not sure whether this will help )… May there are other existing topics with usefull hints.

Note that the dynamic data files and cloud profiles are not removed in that way… In %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator: beside of rolling-cache, its also safe for a little ‘reset’ to remove content.xml , scenery* folders , DCE ( if unsure, backup before )

I read through all those scenarios before I posted and none of them applied to my situation, but thanks anyway.

2 Likes

I have the same problem and it is annoying!

FIXED! Disable DX12 and use DX11

1 Like

I have this issue with DX12 on AMD GPU. DX11 doesn’t have this issue, however.

1 Like