Bad performance (Low FPS) with World Update 3 and new London photogrammetry - possible memory leaks

did i miss something there?

FS2020 1.14.5.0 Norway in between Bergen and Oslo LOD 200 and don’t even mind the reduced terrain and vegetation LOD with the latest patch. “lossless optimisation” as Sebastian Wloch describes it at 1:16:08 ???

I agree, photogrammetry is a great base, but not suitable for final product, it woudl be way too slow, as it’s not optimized , and doesn’t look great anyhow

I have just taken a 15 minute flight after applying this “fix” and observed no stutters. Will test more thoroughly next week when I have more time, in the meantime it would be interesting to see if it works for others. Please post your findings.

Stuttering From Last Update | Fixed!!!

This is an excellent initiative from “Unreality145”, it just got my vote!

With your systemsettings FPS broken you talk ■■■■■■■■

I’m gonna contribute here; I’ve been getting abysmal performance after a few hours of flying around, and I think I pinned it down to photogrammetry. It’s not just London: areas like Atlanta, Hartford, Fargo, Minneapolis, etc., all eventually cause FPS to tank abysmally low (talking ~5FPS or less) after hours of flying.

I’m not sure what the deal is; is it that photogrammetry gets loaded into the session and never unloaded after you leave the area?

How long are your flights when you normally notice these drops? I flew from KATL to KJFK and had almost no issues even when touching down @JFK down to taxiing it was really smooth and I am not running no high end rig. There was a few minor stutters once I got airborne out of KATL but eventually smoothed out.
What planes are you flying when this occur? I am running no modded aircraft like FBW or SS 747.Those are performance hogs.

I guess it depends on the size of the area you are leaving. If the area is 100 sq miles, it will have a lot more photogrammetry than if the area is 2 sq miles.