Be patient please

1 Like

Maybe the patient ones should had been MS and Asobo. As another user said, is not fair asking for patience for an user who paid from 70 to 120€ for a supposed complete product, while they rush the release just for earn some money a few months earlier.

At least I was patient enough for not to buy the sim at release.

5 Likes

i had the pleasure in the early 2000s to developp some scenery (freeware) on Corsica (my homeland), we did major corsican airports ; I’m sure with some research you can check it out on the web, working on Gmax at the time and SDK compiler ; and I believe we’ll be able to do this again in a short future with this game which I think has a great potential; I do believe good things are to come

Well, like I said, here’s how professional simmers work - we expect a product to work and not be half baked out of the box.

I’m glad you agree.

8 Likes

Yes Tom, I’m like you eager to enjoy the sim thoroughly buit I am optimistic

Here’s a hypothetical:

Let’s assume for a moment that it will take another 6 months to get the majority of the big issues resolved, and we all agree that it was released too early.

Let’s also suppose Asobo admit this, then opted to remove everyone’s access for 6 months while they fix things, in effect doing what would have happened if it had not been released in the first place.

If “you” as an individual cannot accept this, and want to maintain you access, then you are knowingly involved in an early access title, and are okay with it.

If however you stick to your principles, and never wanted it released in this state, then you would be okay having you access removed for 6 months, just as if it hadn’t been released in the first place.

Show of hands?

Personally, I don’t think it should have been released in this state, but I am glad that it was, as the last month has been a blast!

3 Likes

Let’s assume on August 17th Asobo+MS would have released a complete, honest list of what is still broken and missing in this game and stuff that will not be included on the release tomorrow, even though they promised them earlier. How many would have still paid up to 120 euros?

5 Likes

Me, for one. I’ve played a lot of early access titles via Steam, and an up front, honest report of what we were likely to received on the 18th would have been welcomed. It would have enabled people to make an informed choice.

2 Likes

I think ppl are upset because they feel they didn’t get that informed choice. But yeah I work at marketing myself so I sort of know that’s not how it works, ever. I still think they left bit too much untold.

7 Likes

If they closed access for 6 months, they would need to refund a lot of people. The law of the land prevails over any EULA or written contract.

2 Likes

Yes, and I think that would be perfectly reasonable.

The thrust of my thought process was “be careful what you wish for”. The point was to see if those who are the most vocal in their complaints of the software would be willing to give it up for 6 months, emulating what they wanted to happen had actually happened.

I’m willing to bet not a one of them would gladly lose access for 6 months i.e. they are happy with an “early access product”.

2 Likes

Typically, the EULA for almost any commercial software will specifically disclaim any warranty of fitness or merchantability. In essence, the developers make no guarantee that the software will work “correctly” - or even work at all.

Since agreeing to the EULA is normally a pre-condition of installing the software, there is no remedy for end users short of a refund if the software does not meet expectations.

Also, two words:

Star Citizen

I have been flying flight sims since FS95. I created an elevation model mod for Fly! back in the day (if you remember that flight simulator) and have created some airports for P3D. I am also a real world pilot. FS2020 is one hell of a flight sim. No its not perfect by any means. It has issues such as control sensitivity/effectiveness, etc. and others that are much discussed but to be a first try for this company it is amazing. I was flying around downtown Chicago last night in a 152 and was just stunned. How they can incorporate all those objects and still have a nice frame rate is mind boggling to me. I remember the days when a few building objects would drag the sim down so much it was a slide show.

Unfortunately in the world we live it everyone wants it now and they want it to be perfect. Anything less and they freak out. I have no doubt that they will get the bugs worked out and this sim will be “the sim” for a long time. While they do that I am going to enjoy the sim and as long as they continue to improve it, I will support them. Tonight I am going to explore New York City.

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t have any sympathy for MS or Asobo here. I paid around 120 euros for the game and I expect it to work perfectly.

Especially Engine 1 shutting down on A320 is just laughable. How did it even pass the tests? Nobody flew it before releasing the patch? What are the software test engineers doing there?

4 Likes

Expectations vs. reality. Have you read the license agreement / contract?

No sympathy here I’m afraid. I am unable to fly now after that absolute rubbish Japan patch. The game just freezes every time I click “Ready to fly”. I have not witnessed a showstopping game defect like that in many years. I am really tired of companies thinking its ok to release buggy code. One seriously annoyed premium customer here.

2 Likes

Why i need to be patient? I pay not for be betatester, but for complete product. Its not about patience, it’s about quality of service. This company cant deal with it’s own product.

4 Likes

You don’t need to be. Doesn’t matter. You being patient or impatient will have no affect on the sim development whatsoever. It’s just how you choose to spend your time between now and when it gets fixed, if ever.

2 Likes

It was ritorical question. I’ll wait until weekend. IF problem with game not solve - i’ll just call for refund. And will have some fun time not wasting my time on “Bug si,ulator”