Beech 2000 Starship "Coming Soon"!

Sounds like a way more complex aircraft and avionics than what I’m used to. I’ll have to leave my comfort zone; maybe a bit too much to learn for me! :sob:
I can’t wait to have access to the manual for a great overview! :grin:

(picture shared by JF on their Facebook page)

4 Likes

Coming to Xbox?

So you’ve never been excited by your hobby in 30 years? :slight_smile:

Maybe you’ve picked the wrong hobby! :thinking:

I think Nick plans on eventually bringing his entire lineup to marketplace/Xbox but it’s not currently a priority so I wouldn’t expect to see it there this year.

I think he just likes commercial jets, he did specify that it was the first GA plane that enticed him, not the first plane full stop. That’s fair though, with the Starship’s avionics suite, it’s closer to a commercial airliner than your average general aviation aircraft, at least of the time.

1 Like

When I saw this I thought it was so up Nick’s alley! Retro with plenty of systems depth. Not sure this is one for me, but I have to say those interior shots look wonderful.

1 Like

An early release of the manual will help more than a few people here. I can see some long reading sessions ahead with that lot to cope with. Bring it on!

1 Like

I can feel the heat coming off all those CRTs. Hopefully that’s baked into the simulation.

I’m pretty sure Black Square manuals are always available before the aircraft is released so this shouldn’t be a problem. I can imagine it’ll be chock full of information on the aircraft too, there’s a lot to pack in there.

Yep, he mentions that the radiating heat and cooling fans will definitely be simulated. I wonder if there’ll be the possible cascading failure of the screens overheating and shutting off if the cooling fans fail.

Hope he doesnt wait too long

Bingo… many airliners, sceneries, improvements etc have had me salivating… but never a biz/GA bird until this one.

2 Likes

Here is a link to a copy of a real world Pilots Manual for the Starship … Not the Black Square manual, but a real old world copy.

1 Like

Here is a link to the Beechcraft advertising brochure for the Sharship. Again, not Black Square, but real old world stuff.

1 Like

For those who want all the resources under the sun for the Starship, Rob Scherer has graciously been hosting them publicly on his site for all to use.
I cannot wait for the Black Square manual, considering that things probably gonna be at least twice as long as the others thanks to all the FMS and MFD pages.

2 Likes

Here is a link to a copy of a real world Pilots Manual for the Starship … Not the Black Square manual, but a real old world copy.

Getting a head start…

2 Likes

This aircraft has some of the most interesting avionics setup I have ever seen. Really look forward to flying it.

Day 1 purchase.

1 Like

Definitely looks interesting.

The problem now for me is actually finding the time to fly all these great aircraft. Bought the Duke bundle but so far have only simed in the piston version (which is great btw).

So many others too are just gathering mothballs in the hangar and yet I just keep buying more. Probably this one too and the PMDG 777 and the A2A Aerostar. Some of these developers are now just getting too good :rofl:

1 Like

Freedom of choice is a curse, isn’t it.

1 Like