Beech 2000 Starship "Coming Soon"!

It was at the Avalon Airshow in 1995.

1 Like

User name checks out.

Post some photos of it!

REALLY excited for this release, and I didn’t even know about the airplane before I heard about it.

Why then am I so excited for this?

I fly in the sim in VR exclusively, and like anyone I have certain preferences. I find I personally get the most enjoyment out of fast turboprops that can take me far and high if I choose while still being more GA than Airliner. On top of that though I like a good view, and avionics that are fun to use in VR.

Until now my favorite plane to fly has been Black Square’s TBM 850. It is nearly the PERFECT GA plane for my tastes. It’s EFIS avionics are both easy to use and easy to read in VR. I find these CRT style 80s/90s “sorta glass” cockpits to be a particular sweet spot for me. I prefer them to both traditional steam gauges and full LCD screens.

The 850 is fast, can go quite a ways in a reasonable sim session, and can go high if I want. However, while it has an OK view, it isn’t the best.

Now obviously I don’t know for sure, but looking at the pictures provided for this plane, it looks like a real treat for me. It has a really exciting EFIS style avionics stack that I’m giddy to get my eager mitts into, and it also looks like it will have a pretty good view out the cockpit due to its pusher style twins instead of something like a Duke/King Air where you see nothing but engine and wing out the side.

Really excited for this as it appears as though it ticks every box for me in the GA category!

1 Like

Unfortunately I cant find the pics from that time, sorry