Beechcraft 17 Staggerwing - sound issues in multiplayer - other aircraft replaced my sound

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. PC

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version? Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue:

Was flying the new Beechcraft Staggerwing. As soon as someone else joined in another Staggerwing, and they got within 5-ish miles, I lost my own engine sound, and their engine sound replace mine. We were both on Discord, so streamed to each other, and it was confirmed their throttle input changed the sound in my cockpit. WHen they got out of the 5-ish mile range again, I got my own sounds back.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered: fly in multiplayer with more than 1 person flying the Staggerwing. We were both using the same livery, so maybe that might be a factor as well?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Can confirm, we flew different liveries and still experienced this bug.

1 Like

Reproduced this in a group flight - if you shutdown your engine you still get cockpit sounds of other group member’s aircraft instead.

1 Like

PC Version

I have the reverse issue related to the staggerwing. After I bought it, I liked it the plane and audio worked great. However, when I fly any other aircraft and a Staggerwing D17 is near, I only hear the engine of the Staggerwing. All other sounds are overcome by the D17 motor audio so I can only hear engine and throttle input from the D17 pilot.

I deleted the D17 from my game, but the distinct sound of the D17 still overcomes all other audio in multiplayer.

I purchased all but one of the Asobo aircraft to support them, even though I have never flown any of them.

This sound issue eases my mind in not purchasing Asobo aircraft in the future, mearly to support MSFS. I will also have to accept that I will have to endure the jumbojet model placeholders (I suspect they are used by the marketing team), since I didn’t buy them.

Turning down engine sound to 0 is the only way I can play multiplayer community flights now. It is a total subversive issue and undermines developers of addons with high quality audio implementations. Microsoft and Asobo marketing is ruthless.

2 Likes

Flying any aircraft, if a D17 gets close you will only hear their engine audio in the cockpit.
Much louder than your own engines noise.

External has your own only.

2 Likes

Yes, this is stupid. Even when I’m not flying the D17 myself (was flying the Edgeley Optica), as soon as one in multiplayer gets near me, its sounds appear in my cockpit, and overpowers my own engine sound (REALLY loudly). Please, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Might have to uninstall the D17 until this gets fixed.

1 Like

On PC WU8 update

For some time now on multiplayer, another players engine sounds will suddenly appear in my cockpit as if they were my own. For example in the circuit at an airfield, someone will start their engine on the ground and suddenly in my cockpit I have the sound of their engine starting as if I was sitting in their cockpit. This has been going on for a few updates now so I am not sure if it’s something that is just low down on the list of bugs to squash or whether it is something strange going on in my sim. Has anyone else had this issue?
My post has been moved to this Staggerwing section but just to confirm this was happening before the Staggerwing came along and I don’t believe there was one near me but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Steam #pc

Confirmed this as a bug. Originally, I thought it was an issue on my end; after some quick testing with a friend, we verified we in-fact were picking up one another’s engine sounds. It doesn’t eliminate or replace my own sounds, just simply layers his D17’s on top of it.

I can also confirm this bug occurs while flying ANY other plane in proximity of a D17.

Oof.

2 Likes

This is still happening inm SU9. The inside of my jet airliner sounded like indide the cockpit of a nearby flying Goose with radials.

1 Like

Still not been fixed after 3 and a half months, and apparently an issue with All Carenado made planes.

1 Like

Indeed. Also having it now with the D18. I remember having this issue also with the C170B when that was released long ago. Sad to see they still haven’t resolved this.

1 Like

Have you found the solution to be uninstalling all Carenado planes? If that works, can you tell us which planes those are? I am going to uninstall those planes, but I have so many planes now, so I’m not sure which ones to remove. Thanks

1 Like

apparently there’s a mod on flightsim.to that removes the MP sounds from carenado planes entirely. Sad that’s needed, and this has still not been fixed.

1 Like

This issue thankfully will be fixed in an upcoming plane patch very soon! Feedback Snapshot - Microsoft Flight Simulator

5 Likes

that’s good to hear

1 Like

I see this is out now, good to hear. Hope Carenado figured out the root cause.

Staggerwing and Gee Bee Model Z/R2 Release Notes Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

This is still happening to me in single player (Off/Group Only) with the new patch:

Update: Restarting and going straight to offline fixed it. So I’m thinking this bug is not entirely fixed, or another plane is affecting it

What about the Beech Model 18? It also has Radials (probably the same old FSX Sound files) and is also ported by Carenado?

I was also full of joyful anticipation when the patch for SW17 came out yesterday. Unfortunately, the audio bug was NOT fixed with it. :-1:

Exactly the first flight worked without interference from other sounds, then it was exactly the same as before. Even before the patch, there were flights where the sound bug did not occur, if you were lucky - but that was very rare! It is really no fun to start MSFS2020 anymore, because you never know if everything is alright with the sound or not, because too many planes are affected…

are you sure it was another staggerwing? Could have been one of the other Carenado planes?