Beechcraft King Air 350i - WT G1000 Nxi Mod retrofit for cockpit builders

Hello,

In case some home-cockpit owner are interested in operating the G1000 NXi with the King Air 350i I made a very simple mode to do so.

Please note this mod is only intended only for simmers who use external hardware controllers for the G1000.

It does get the King Air to a new dimension for serious IFR operations.

Beechcraft King Air 350i - WT G1000 Nxi Mod retrofit for cockpit builders » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Now the default King Air need a bit of love from the developers because it seems way overpowered and takeoff and climb like a rocket, but this is another subject, let’s hope for new flight models freeware or payware to come for this aircraft.

1 Like

That is awesome!

Ok I respond to my topic as I encounter in testing a very annoying bug and wonder if it is me only.
Topic under :
Beechcraft King Air 350i show a constant slip on PFD above 140kt - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hello! Thanks for this conversion, I use it with air manager and on screen bezel. It works great!
I have just a small problem, unlike the g1000 in native planes, in the KA350 the com knobs change the active frequency and not the standby. Do you know is this is possible to correct?

Any chance of updating this mod to make the bottom row 12 buttons usable by touching the screen on them? It works great with my other external encoders and buttons, i just dont have the 12 softkeys.

You can’t popout the buttons, but one solution for you would be to use Air Manager, I think they provide a G1000 bezel for MSFS whit touch screen buttons. This will be a separate panel from the sim.

Also if you fly the King Air with the G1000nxi hardware I will post an equivalent mod for the Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul Analog King Air which I strongly suggest you buy if you’re looking for a true King Air experience.

Thanks, but i don’t think that will work for me… I probably should have mentioned i fly 100% in VR and i have physical hardware for COM/NAV/HDG/ALT, and the lower right side of the G1000- FMS/6 buttons/Range and they are easy to find “blind” by feel. When i mentioned “clicking on the touchscreen” i was referring to using the mouse in-sim. AirManager seems to be for setting up other monitors, which i wouldn’t be able to see. I could make a 12 button panel but trying to identify which one of them my finger was over while in VR is the difficult part. I was hoping there was some way to intercept cockpit screen mouse clicks somehow.

Ah ok that makes sense. I think your only solution is to develop a custom toolbar for this, but it is quite a project.

1 Like

Greetings,

I installed the mod. Great mod! I just have one small issue. Im using the real sim gear g1000 suite but the menu key is ino for both the PFD and MFD. I would like to configure the map as North Up instead of HDG up, is there a work around for this?

im not familiar with RSG software but if you have SPAD you can send it events like AS1000_MFD_MENU_PUSH and G1000_MFD_MENU_BUTTON