Been pretty quiet so far but it needs to be said

What makes you think this about making a quality simulator? There was a route to a wider market ($$$) and they are going for it.

The SU5 update is confirmation that for Asobo $ trumps quality of the sim. We should have all paid more attention to the cross platform compatibility promises made and kept well clear instead of hoping for a sensible separation between console and PC that means both parties can have their cake and eat it. This was possible as a prior person mentioned further up.

I’m sorry but with all the good will in the world there are things that consoles are good at and things that they are not good at. High fidelity simulators are one of those things that consoles are not good at.

Anyone in the console community that wanted to actually invest the time and money to fly flight sims will do so because they want to and buy the appropriate hardware. But for most all they want to do is ‘switch off’ as they play a fun easy to learn game for an hour or two. This is not the domain of a high fidelity flight simulator.

Instead what was (because this will change now) the core community for flight sims (ie enthusiasts that wanted to learn and fly at high levels of fidelity) are now going to be drowned out and ignored by the masses from the Call of Duty ‘instant gratification’ console club for which it is clear MSFS20 is being configured for - at the expense of everything that used to make it so good and the desires/requirements of that original player base.

Welcome to the world of compromise and arcade instant gratification gaming to please the masses rather than a targeted community. The needs of the many and all that.

*I would like to state that I am redacting what I have said above. I am not going to delete it (unless a mod wants to) but I WAS WRONG - there are some (small bugs) with the ingame cockpit UI which was what I was annoyed about ‘the Xboxification of MSFS20’, but much is fixable/workround able and I owe ASOBO an apology. I have looked at fixes and work arounds for all the issues I had and if you need help configuring the game to something more like SU4 cockpit UI please see the following thread/topic: Some 'work arounds' regarding UI issues and some pragmatic suggestions for Asobo for improvement *

4 Likes