Before you buy the captain sim hercules C-130

Market place purchases are non-refundable, so please note that the Captain Sim’s overpriced C-130, has no cockpit.

31 Likes

What a disgrace! The most beautiful flight sim ever created and Captain Scam can only come up with a cheap exterior model? New simmers, don’t buy this. There’s obviously nothing to gain from this.

14 Likes

I think the problem is not the aircraft itself. We have planes like this in other simulators (including the c-130 in xplane with no cockpit) but most of these types of planes are freeware. For now, this plane is not for me, I hope sometimes we have a nice 130 for flying to Base marambio :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t get it. So you can only fly from chase view? No first person? Not that I was considering purchasing anyway but just interested to know!

2 Likes

One of my favorite Military aircraft and they did it no justice. Thanks CS.
Hope Milviz can do one in the distant future.

6 Likes

Reopened. Use of Memes, especially those that espouse or glorify violence and/or violent acts is not welcome here. Tread lightly folks, we already closed one thread on this topic today.

Reopened. Let’s keep it clean and neat folks.

Serious question: Could someone make a “free mod” for this that includes a cockpit to make it whole?

2 Likes

that’s normal for captain sim.
next time they will make a plane without wings. Or an airbus a-380 with default cessna 172 piston engine

14 Likes

Seems as though a virtual cockpit would be lots of work. Maybe that’s why this doesn’t have one?

2 Likes

Not only does it not have a cockpit, it also uses Asobo stock sounds from a plane that can’t possibly sound anything like a C-130. Very unfortunate, as this is a plane high on my wishlist when somebody decides to do it properly. Once again, Captain Sim has failed to delivery freeware quality products.

12 Likes

It’s difficult to offer constructive criticism in regard to a developer that is (in my opinion) not especially bothered about making an effort. I mean, it’s pretty obvious, no? Going right back to the triple 7 (which admittedly, was a nice exterior model and, shock horror, had a cockpit)

People need to vote with their wallets. Only then will they listen. If people buy this, then they won’t. I also have no sympathy with anyone who does purchase it, and subsequently complains about it. Sorry, but that’s how I feel.

18 Likes

I don´t see the point of this either. They already modelled the cockpit interior for FSX. I mean there are lots of payware planes with complex interiors and they don´t cut corners. They just set a proper price for them. I was also looking forward to have a C-130 in game. What a pity.

Cheers

1 Like

Absolutely incredulous at the fact that they haven’t even tried to model a cockpit. I mean, displays on the 777 aside (the engine display was particularly interesting, just removing two engines from the 747 display) they did make a few alterations, and modelled a half decent cabin.

This is just… Well I’m a little dumbfounded, to be honest.

Weren’t they actually a decent developer back in the day?

1 Like

I…uhh…well…uhmm…best I don’t say anything at all probably.

2 Likes

Unbelievable. Was it clearly indicated in the description that it was an external only airplane?

1 Like

I hope so. Hopefully people will read the description before they buy.

1 Like

Wow! Looks like CS is testing how far they can go :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

So how does this even work? You can only fly from chase cam?

They didn’t “alias” it to the cockpit of another plane, they didn’t re-use the cockpit from their FSX model… I’m flummoxed.

To think you can get the Local Legends/Famous Flyers for this price, or the Wing42 Boeing 247 for $5 more… truly Captain Sim is just trying to see what they can get away with. The cynicism knows no bounds.

5 Likes

I refuse to take notice of or acknowledge the advice of this topic. I’m going to buy this and put in my hanger. Just to have it.