Behringer X-Touch mini works flawless

Who knows how to reduce the steps f.e. the altitude to 100ft increments and speed to 1kts.

Do i need different events?

{
  "index": 2,
  "event_up": "AP_SPD_VAR_INC",
  "event_down": "AP_SPD_VAR_DEC",
  "event_press": {
    "event": "SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET",
    "type": "manual",
    "value": 1,
    "description": "A32NX - set AP Speed Hold to selected mode"
  },
  "event_long_press": {
    "event": "SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET",
    "value": 2,
    "description": "A32NX - set AP Speed Hold to managed mode"
  }
},

{
  "index": 4,
  "event_up": "AP_ALT_VAR_INC",
  "event_down": "AP_ALT_VAR_DEC",
    "event": "ALTITUDE_SLOT_INDEX_SET",
    "value": 1,
    "description": "A32NX - set AP Altitude Hold to selected mode"
  },
    "event": "ALTITUDE_SLOT_INDEX_SET",
    "value": 2,
    "description": "A32NX - set AP Altitude Hold to managed mode"
  }
},

Found the solution, this is the bug with different controllers like the TCA Throttle.
After unplugging the TCA throttle i can dial HDG in 1° steps and Alt in 100ft steps

1 Like

hi, how did you fix your Behringer device on this Honeycomp. I use and own the same hardware.
thx

Using mobiflight i can now switch realy to STD

long press = STD … short press = back to QNH

{
“index”: 1,
“event_up”: “KOHLSMAN_INC”,
“event_down”: “KOHLSMAN_DEC”,

"event": "MobiFlight.XMLVAR_Baro1_Mode_QNH",
    "value": 2
  },
    "event": "MobiFlight.XMLVAR_Baro1_Mode_STD",
    "value": 2
  }
},
2 Likes

Hello all,
I’m using x touch with Maartens pyton script. I would like to read sim variables, switch on and off the light of dedicated x touch buttons and send alternative variables depending on the state. Like G1000 buttons AP on is highlighted, if button pressed switch out light of x touch knob and send AP off. with this method I could use one button for all autopilot commands. Identical to the original G1000. Any idea or hint.
Thx

I do all these things with AxisAndOhs. It’s cheap and super powerful, and the author LorbySI is extremely helpful. Come over.

Hi ! If you are using Axis and Ohs , that guy is making a GREAT job ! Axis and Ohs Template For X-Touch Mini A320 [WIP] • Microsoft Flight Simulator

i have problems with payware for Tools to handle the flight sticks or behringer x touch but the lorby Programm its really cool and easy and now i pay for this small great Programm. Setup my behringer and some Button on my streamdeck are working every flight 100% and that is in msfs not normal. i can say no pay for airports or scenery its All ■■■■ and the Performance is ■■■■. but this Tool its really really Good

1 Like

Hi All, I have the X-Touch Mini and trying to use it with Mobiflight to control the Cessna G1000 as the MFS with the mouse is incredibly time consuming.
I have got the X-Touch mini communicating with FS2020 using the X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 app and i have installed the latest Mobiflight and placed the ‘mobiflight-event-module’ in the FS2020 community folder. However, when input

“index”: 1,
“event_up”: { “event”: “MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_FMS_Upper_INC”, “type”: “manual”, “value”: 1 },
“event_down”: { “event”: “MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_FMS_Upper_DEC”, “type”: “manual”, “value”: 1 },

i run the X-Touch mini fs2020 app it throws up the following error

Event MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_FMS_Upper_INC, was not found in simconnect list. Using a manual binding
Event MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_FMS_Upper_DEC, was not found in simconnect list. Using a manual binding

I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I am making the changes in the config_default.json file. Do i need to add the Mobiflight events to the config.schema.json file? It would be great if anyone has any suggestions. Thx

Hello,

Doing the changes in the config_default.json file is perhaps not optimal but ok (it´s better to have seperate files for each aircraft).

Putting the Mobiflight events into the config.schema.json is not needed, it works without it.

The error message says, that it does not find the event in the “standard” simvar list of simconnect.
But the programm should not search it there, it should search in the mobiflight events.txt file.

For example:
{
“index”: 4,
“event_up”: “DUMMY_123”,
“event_down”: “DUMMY_456”
},
produces the same error message because an event like “DUMMY_123” does not exist.

If I try
{
“index”: 6,
“event_up”: { “event”: “MobiFlight.DUMMY_123”, “type”: “manual”, “value”: 1 },
“event_down”: { “event”: “MobiFlight.DUMMY_456”, “type”: “manual”, “value”: 1 }
},
I do not get any error message at all (of course it does not work in any way), so I think that in this case/syntax the programm does not check the existence of the events in the MobiFlight events.txt

So my only suggestion is: Please check your X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 version, is it 1.40?

How about checking a button event like
{
“index”: 8,
“event_press”: { “event”: “MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_6”, “type”: “manual”, “value”: 1 },
“description”: “Switch between the CDI Display sources”
}

Same error?

I’ve just noticed after weeks of use that my button LEDs do not light up in accordance with the simvar_led commands!

My midi output device is set to X-TOUCH MINI 1 in config.json, and I am using the Layer A and B editor configs from the GitHub repo.

Any ideas?

Many thanks but unfortunately nothing worked, so i had another look at the community folder and realised that sometime back i had copied it to the root of the FS folder and copied the WASM module there, rather than the packages/community folder. Once i copied it in to the correct community folder everything worked. Got my buttons and encoders assigned now :slight_smile:

Bless you for also posting a key with your configuration.

A bit of a noob since I just started using this device, got it working with two methods, but wanted to switch over to the x-touch-mini-fs2020.exe method fully.

Can you school me a bit as to where to paste the information you provided?

I assume is just going to go into a python script from the original author? I have no idea which one…

Hi guys, I was using the Custom FBW mod for a320, and the latest update to that yesterday somehow broke the x-touch mini integration.

Altitude selector works, but speed and heading are not working.

Did anyone also encounter this problem? Any idea how to fix?

Sure, I can try.

Once you install the software you should have “X-Touch-Mini-FS2020” somewhere. Click into it and you will see “Configurations” folder with *.json files:

So you can post my config into “config_default.json”, or you can create a new config file - “config_AIRPLANE.json”, where you replace AIRPLANE with whatever you are writing the config for.

Then you edit “config.json” and add:

{
  "aircraft_contains": "AIRPLANE",
  "file": "config_AIRPLANE.json"
},

As an example:

{
  "aircraft_contains": "M20R",
  "file": "config_M20R.json"
},

Which just means that if the software detects that MSFS is loading M20R airplane, the software will load config_M20R.json.

Btw. this is my latest config: M20R - Pastebin.com

3 Likes

Thank you so much for that detail. I wasn’t sure how to get the executable to read different ones.

Can I ask about where you got a key of sorts to know what commands exist? Ie: how do you know the names of all the recognized functions you add to the assignments?

Sorry for the late reply, been less active lately.

You can find all the events in “config.schema.json” file and here.

All this info has already been posted in this thread, but I appreciate that it’s not the easiest task to find it :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem?

Hi,

I think the new FBW custom version doesn’t use the default Simvar events and simvars for MSFS 2020 anymore. Check here the new additions to the custom FBW variables:

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/blob/autopilot/docs/a320-events.md
https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/blob/autopilot/docs/a320-simvars.md

So I think we should update the button config with the correct simvars/events. I’m using the X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 script, so I should change them in its config file.

I’m currently on a break from msfs2020 though, I’ll wait for a while until these big changes are ironed out, and then I’ll try to customise my button layout in the future. I’ll appreciate greatly if anyone has done it already and willing to share their new configs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Newbie here as far as Xtouch is concerned. So after several weeks of waiting, I managed to start setting up my Behringer yesterday. Spad.next did its magic and I was able to configure several aircraft functions with very little effort. Didn’t have to go through xmini2vjoypy or the other relatively exotic solutions that are out there.

It was a very plug and play process as Windows recognized the device and downloaded drivers automatically, then spad.next also acknowledged the Xtouch and let me assign keys to events/values/lvars without too much trouble. Using JF P28R as an example, I had nav/panel/dome lights and various other buttons configured within an hour or so (most of the other basic stuff goes to Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo anyway).

However what troubled me is that I couldn’t get the LVARs for GNS530 mod and also 430 default, as whenever I changed anything in the GPS panels I wouldn’t see any values registered to spad.next so I couldn’t map anything to Behringer. Obviously that’s an issue irrelevant to the current topic, but I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like that when setting up Behringer to handle G1000 or GNS530/430 (or if they have done this successfully so that I know it can be done).

edit: found the solution I was after, apparently GPS shortcuts need to be set as events in spad.next which enable a different list of H:events which I hadn’t seen before. These aren’t automatically exposed by MSFS so they have to be added manually by the app’s developer. There I found what I was looking for and I made good use of my Xtouch, it can now control pretty much everything in GNS530. I’m tempted to buy a second unit if I ever move to airliners (ie. if CTDs ever stop).

1 Like