Being an old Grumman fan - the F4F Wildcat?

Wondering if there have been any updates on this project I might have missed.
@DigitalJonx - does your crew have any news - or is there an NDA happening…
the aircraft is of historical significance after all

1 Like

Last time I asked they said it was going through tuning and sound, or something like that.

1 Like

The only airworthy F4F (all the other airworthy Wildcats are GM built FM-2s with a Wright engine) is flying at Oshkosh next month in a flight of cats if anyone wants to go with a microphone :sunglasses:. It will feature the F3F, F4F, F6F, F7F and F8F

1 Like

I should have put that on the old bucket list…YT channel ‘Airshow Stuff’ is my friend though - that’ll have to do

1 Like

I think that was in April - then the OP closed the thread…

wondering the same thing…they have a YT video from November 2021 on their channel with the aircraft flying around, but well…that aircraft was never released as once announced for 2022.

I hope it is still being developed and they just had to manage projects and manpower and hault development until the Wilga was done.

Agreed, I too would love to see this plane in the sim! To me the F4F is even more significant than the F6F - she had to contend with the Japanese when they were at the top of their game and when the Zero still enjoyed a marked superiority in most ways. And with clever tactics she managed to hold her own despite her disadvantages. Underdog-type planes like this one have a charm of their own.

Besides, she’s not quite as fugly as her newer brethren.

1 Like

Reopening Topic (Release Soon):