Bell Helicopter No Throttle Response

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The Bell has no throttle response at all. Helicopter throttle Axis does nothing to the Bell’s Throttle, nor does the default throttle axis. Only way to control the Bell Helicopter throttle is with the mouse in cockpit. No conflicting inputs either.

• Cabri G2 works fine.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5rjeRYB2N5o

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set up helicopter throttle Axis. Spawn Bell helicopter. See if the throttle axis controls the throttle.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Logitech Throttle Quadrant, A320 Joystick

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same issue

tried different assignments on my Virpil throttle and my Virpil collective, didn’t find any that work with the Bell, everything works fine for the Cabri

N/A

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

I use Pro Flight Trainer Puma X

1 Like

Hello folks,

I had same and described at some heli topic already (to my pedals also colective control was added). Pls check your devices and its assigments, especially controls and power management. To me, some strange definitions was added and did strange behaviours. Only for sure…

@OMICO4146 good tip, that was one of the first things I checked… but I have the issue even if I start from scratch with blank profiles for every device

Very sry for that,

really to my situation, my control assigments are working same for both helis, if we talk about primary controls and engine management, throttle I’ve set as Throttle 1 in profile as primary for control and have set no specific ’ heli’ new added controls options, still as in previous versions of sim.

I am getting the same issue in the Bell. Have set up brand new control profiles for my Trustmaster airbus side stick which only controls the cyclic and trim. The Honeycomb Bravo has two axis set as Collective and the Heli throttle axis but the throttle does not move in the Bell. Even in the other heli when the engines are running and the collective is moved the throttle starts to go a bit bananas, it jumps up and down in power. Controllers calibration is fine when checked, it does not spike or jitter. I have created blank profiles which are enabled also for the Honeycomb Alpha in case an assignment was creating an issue. I have also tried the new default heli profile on the Thrustmaster but its not working either. Really wanted to give Helicopters a whirl (pun intended) but Ive given it too much time today to try and make work. BTW the throttle moves in the Cabri but it misbehaves quickly

1 Like

yes

tried my virpil collective tried mapping virpil mp3 hotas even old ch throttle quadrant does not work
also the tail rotor response is super artificial infact overall realism 1/10 needs more realism settings

1 Like

Yes.

Also tried specific binding to a controller axis with same result as others are reporting. Could move the throttle in the VC by grabbing it with mouse.

1 Like

throttle or collective? the reported issue here affects throttle (grip rotation) . it works in the other helo not in the bell.

3 Likes

Yes

nothing to add

1 Like

yes

nothing to add

1 Like

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Unlike the Cabri, which works great, the 407 does NOT respect the throttle setting. Moving the throttle from “idle” to “fly” results in no change whatsoever in Ng or Rotor RPM.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered

Cold and dark start. Run the starter, advance throttle to idle. The engine and rotor will accelerate all the way to full flight RPM; even with the throttle in idle.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

From 40th anniversary release.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Try reversing your throttle binding action in the controls menu :wink:

1 Like

Are you sure the throttle is working in the 407?
Can’t bind an axis, and moving it whit the mouse between idle and fly has no effect at all.
I’m having the same result as the op, throttle does nothing (well, the cut off works) even whit the fadec off.
No way to do a realistic runup.

1 Like

you can turn the throttle with your mouse (mouse wheel over it) - so it works as a function - but there is no binding for it in my experience so far

Yes

Exactly the same issue. Using TM warthog hotas as throttle bind to helicopter throttle. I have a seperate collective control.

No

Using cheap joystick as throttle, it works fine for me, I take off and land.

Followup to my previous post - I didn’t do a cold start, so something in that process is bugged but not if you start from an airport runway with the engine running.

OK, finally did a cold start and still have no problems with throttle or axis controls. Don’t have collective type control here, just two analog joysticks. BTW this chopper is easy to handle compared to the ones in FSX!

Good Catch. Likely that’s the problem for at least one of these users.