Best settings with a RTX 4090

Is there somewhere I can see each metric explained as far as which resource it utilizes? I have used MSI Afterburner in the past to watch resources, but I wish to better understand the provided FPS display and the resources it utilizes.

Thank you.

Yup. Mine is working like that everywhere, including the hardest airports with just traffic and GSX. I’m going to disable, or uninstall GSX because is causing jetways problem on some airports.

Got a 4090, currently i have a 12700kf, thinking of upgrading to a 13700 coz my proc is almost dying with 200 TLOD, the thing is i don’t know how big the difference would be with a 13700, knowing that i’m running 32:9, 5120x1440.
But rn i’m clearly limited by my CPU while the GPU doesn’t even reach 50°.

I got the 13900K and with the 4090 I got all I needed to get this sim just where I wanted. No matter what airport or addons I use, it works like a charm, that is, until they come up with a new update, but for now, it works great using JF traffic and everything on ultra, but I lowered the settings for “detail” to 150. The only thing I stopped using is GSX because is causing traffic to disappear and problems with the jetways.

1 Like

Failed to see that we were on the same res, too bad you didn’t pick the i7, would have been helpful, not planning to buy i9, bit too expensive, but the i7 is close enough regarding benchmarks so i guess i should be ok.

I just didn’t want to have to do any upgrade again, at least for the next 3 years. With the i9-13900k it still shows bottleneck but it doesn’t affect performance at all. I love the way it is now!

The i7 13700K can be overclocked to nearly match the single-core frequency of the 13900K. Multicore is a different story, since the 13900K has 8 more E-cores. This shouldn’t matter much, as the E-cores are largely idle during MSFS.

Yep that’s what i thought, just ordered the 13,7k, will soon see the results :slight_smile:

As far as I know, MSFS counter is not correct. Does not the extra frame generate by gpu 4090. Try the GeForce counter you should noted that fps is exactly the double

Hi I have exactly you pc and i use monito Samsung odyssey 49” curved. My Os is windows 11. I have a big issue: when i try to pop up window instrument panel the game freeze and no way to do any action. Could you help me?

What’s that?

1 Like

I have the same combo and now experience true smoothness in V.R. for THE first time. :+1:t2:

It’s funny to me that you need to have “Best Setting” with a 4090. Is a 4090 the only way to really enjoy this game? I have a 4080 and in VR it still needs more power. ( SAD )
This game needs to be optimized so it can be played as intended and not with a 4000 $ Rig.

I have to say that we should be grateful that we as users actually have a way to get this sim to work. I know that many of us want to run this sim with as cheapest hardware as possible but with the highest quality. we’re really not happy if the sim doesn’t look the way we want , so we try to increase little by little to find that “suite spot” but not getting there quite yet, and many times eventually gets ruined as soon we get a new update, or a new driver. That said, I have tried for years to get ANY simulator to work well and look great, and the only thing I could do was to try to get the best possible hardware out there, just to find out it wasn’t enough. Keep in mind, again, that at least now WE CAN do it now with MSFS whereas before, no matter what kind of hardware we tried we never got good results, let alone great ones. is very easy for us to complain, I am as guilty of that as anyone else, but the truth is that this is a very complex piece of software that will take quite a while to perfect. I remember I heard of this “streaming” kind of simulator years ago, and the comments from developers back then was that it was going to take a very long time for that sim to see the light of day, so to speak, for several reasons, among them the fact that the internet was not up to par, and storage was a huge problem. I never thought I was going to see it come to fruition, let alone getting to the point it is now. Yes, it still has issues but it is way better now than it was when it first came out isn’t it?
I’m just happy I got to experience this kind of quality and performance, even though it is costing me a good chunk of money, but I decided that, if there was a way to actually get this sim to work as intended, I was going to try it. Come on guys! this is really a cool sim and even though it will take some time to get it where we all want it, it is still a lot better than anything we’ve seen before, and much better than anything out there right now, in my humble opinion. Some of the things we are missing right know will come as well. I just hope that IFR flying, and ATC as well, matures enough to really make a difference without the need for 3rd party software.

3 Likes

hi, your problem isn´t the GPU… it is themain thread … what CPU have u installed ?

greets

Hi Everyone,

I’ve recently got RTX 4090 and I7-13700, 32GB ram and I’ve a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7, could anyone suggest the best graphic settings which my config can sustain. Suggest me the in-game settings and NVIDIA control panel settings as well.

Hoping for replies ! Thank you

Nvidia control panel

What setting do you have there for a 4090 on VR? Does it really matter?

Hags on and game mode off?

Best

First, welcome to the forum, and sorry, I just saw this post today.

When I had the 4090 on my i9-9900k, which meant pcie-3. And DDR4 RAM, I could max everything except terrain LOD, which I left at 200. And I was getting a nice 4K60fps and I could get more, but I called it there so I could record at 4K60 too for YouTube.

Now I have i9-13900k ( PCIe-4 and DDR5 RAM) and with everything maxed, and terrain LOD at 300, I get between 100 to 120FPS and 4K. and while recording with OBS at 4K60 it comes down to 90-110fps. Even at the highest density airports like IniBuilds EGLL, KJFK and KLAX. They don’t affect the frames at all.

So I think you should max everything and keep the terrain LOD at 200. Just choose DX12, and HAGS on, then TAA and Frame Generation on.

In order to have Frame Gen on, you must be on DX12 and have HAGS turned on. Will double your FPS or more.

One more thing, I only use NVMe SSDs, and the high speed ones. If you can, get the Samsung 990 pro or 980 pro. I have 5 x 2TB Samsung 990 pros, and one of them is dedicated to MSFS.

Also, I see that your monitor is 165Hz, and freesync. I don’t know if it is G-Sync compatible. If it is, disable V-Sync. I’ll show you my NV Control panel settings. Standby…

1 Like

And for NVidia settings, Here’s what I have:

Hags has to be on, otherwise you won’t get Frame Generation. For best results for the 4090, you want to have DX12, HAGS on, and DLSS Frame Generation on. Don’t confuse this with DLSS3. You don’t want that. You want TAA and Frame Generation.

I have a Pimax Crystal, and my VR settings are on ultra.

Also, here are my NVIDIA control panel settings:

1 Like