Best ultrawide monitor?

What kind of distortion if any happens with the curved monitors both in sim and for productivity apps, coding, terminals, etc?

I have to use this monitor for both work and gaming.

I don’t see distortion. Image in FSMS windowed mode is normal (about 3440x1440). Others apps are fine too.

My challenge is when I put it in Full screen, it stays at 1920 x 1080 (default MSFS full screen resolution setting) so the image is elongated horizontaly.

There must be a way to put back MSFS in 1080p without reducing the window and not using the full lenght of the monitor.

Just try to put render scaling to 90 / 80 / 70 or whatever works for your system and don’t touch the resolution.
Good luck
Mick

Yeah, I used render scaling at 80 and its helpfull, but blury so l’m trying to play with full screen mode resolution. I guess you’ll say it will end with the same result

Thanks!

no distortion on my 34" ultraW, just don’t get a cheap one. MS2020 is a thing of beauty. When Asobo starts supporting 3 monitors, even then it will probably not be right yet, it will take time to get the bugs out of a 3 monitor setup. When they do, i will try it
but I can’t imagine ever wanting to go away from this curved screen masterpiece.

what do you think its better your monitor the AW3420DW or the LG 34GN850-B

The best anything is always the one that hits the market the day after the “No Hassle Return” window ends.

Just having a lil fun.

This exactly. IF you are going to use your monitor mostly for flight simming, you should look at some videos online and make sure you are going to be happy with the vertical space. i was going down that route but after seeing it backtracked and went for a 16:9. That is because on the ultrawide I wasn’t seeing enough of the cockpit instrumentation without having to look down. Personal taste, but worth checking before committing :slight_smile:

you should also consider that MSFS does not properly support ultrawides and actually stretches out the image. This is not noticeable when flying in daytime, but at night it becomes a blurry mess. I’m gutted I spent a small fortune on the Alienware 38"
wish I had bought standard resolution 4K monitor instead.

Just for the record, other games I play do not suffer from this problem.

2 Likes

I just ordered a 11th gen i9 11900KF, NVidia 3090 24GB, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD/1 TB 7200 SATA. Cannot decide on monitor but want to stay with 32 curved. Choices looking at are a Dell S3222DGM and a SAMSUNG Odyssey G7. Besides seeing a shrink any comments on these two? Any other 32 inch curved someone can recommend. Thank you

All - I am considering one of these models. Why, first in my space 32 is too small (current size-curved). 35 would work, but price is much higher for size based on the second one.

ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ 35” - Excellent reviews - Very expensive based on Samsung for size. Reviews said to use Display port, hmmm, another 200 for the correct hub to drive this one. Same for the Samsung below, so going to have to get a upscale HUB. I can drive it with the 10GB/s USB-C port on back of laptop. HDMI will not work for getting it to work at it’s top specs.

Samsung - LC49G95TSSNXZA Model - I have space for this one, Will have to push back another 6-10" or move desk out some. Still think this one is too big and will not get the effect for the extreme sides of the display. Having to push away, might nullify what my goal is to see the little numbers in the main map display on the 747 and in XP C-17. Bumping up the rosulation to 1440 will increase clarity, which may help with this.

PC Specs: ASUS Scar Srtix III 17.3" Display at 240hz - Lid Closed use Samsung LC32F397FWNXZA out of HDMI port

Intel I-7-9750
32GB System Ram
Nvidia RTX-2070 w/8GB ram
Hard drive space no issue.
Limited to some degree by very poor internet.

Your thoughts based on experience. I am not in big hurry, as the Consumer Electronics Show is in Jan/Feb and new models may be announced. I believe the perfect size would be in the 40" range. Have had bad experience with Dell; LG so those are out, HP really does not make theirs, and not sure about MSI. FWIW-Few years ago, samsung made about 60% of all LED displays for all brands of TV’s and not sure where that stands today. But have had Excellent success with both ASUS and Samsung, as well as excellent customer service, so they are at top of list.

I have the 49” Samsung and love it.

1 Like