Beta build for SU8

And to add to my previous, the fact Xbox users are experiencing plenty of the same CTD issues as well kind of points away from users’ hardware, drivers or community mods.

1 Like

That’s scary because I had to delete the WT NXi because of a huge annoying white border on my displays when pointing the camera at them using my Xbox controller. (I’m on PC)

Probably posts/threads over a month past the last reply, threads marked solved, or threads moved to another category.
They don’t just close a bunch of threads for no reason.

I’m hoping this is all stuff they’ve solved. However, it would be much better for them to leave threads open until AFTER they release a final build where these things are supposed to be fixed to keep historical visibility on the the issue. Because as I said earlier, this isn’t the first time they’ve marked a bunch of ■■■■ as “fixed”, including in their road map slides, where it was still as broken as before they “fixed” it.

Now, it will mean people have to start new threads and get a vote count up again before it falls on their radar if these things aren’t actually fixed.

1 Like

They’re all back - just got moved to a new archive subforum

The wait is (mostly) over:

3 Likes

No. The only difference between the SU7 beta hotfix and the final release was in the airac data. Search my id for a report on a file by file comparison.

So, no limit of participants ?

No limit. This will be an open Beta and the forum for the Beta will also be open.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to testing the Beta. Hoping the Hotas issue is fixed , water edges and a continuation of work on clouds.
Overall stability has been great for me with SU7 on Xbox

A lot of the small issues I have are 3rd party developers issues. One big one of course is the WASM coding that needs fixed to move forward with DC.

So about 12hrs from now I think. So 2am tomorrow for me in Australia.

Any Patch Notes?

2 Likes

Do they mean as it sounds, Thursday we can join…are they talking about just signing up for the beta or we’ll actually be able to join and download the beta Thursday?

yes join and download until the public release March 1st

1 Like

There will be a public forum area to submit feedback and review the release notes on Thursday, February 10th at 8am PT, so please stay tuned until then.

1 Like

I think they might have a different opinion on what is game breaking?

Then they need to up their opinions, the fact that TrackIR failed to work was clearly a Game Breaking Issue, the fact the VR Toolbar failed to work was clearly a Game Breaking Issue.
Let’s see what happens with SU8 before finding excuses for them eh!?

As far as I remember these were fixed with the release of an ‘in between update’?
But you are right about these being game breaking. And I fully agree that they should fix these issues asap, within a week or so.
I was thinking about ‘imperfections’ that some people experience as game breaking.

hello I don’t have the option to register for the beta

if you look further up on the forum you would see the release time. 8am PT

1 Like