Big Fps drop SU6 LOD200-400 CPU Hit

Having big fps drops, limited by main thread. I’m on a i9-10850k and 3080 and one of my cores is maxing out! Never use to before the update! What’s gone wrong? Anyone else having fps issues

11 Likes

I think they did mention there would be an FPS drop.

Hope it’s not to big!

3 Likes

getting a 20fps hit from 200 to 400

4 Likes

Well, sure… What about with the same setting?
Of course doubling the draw distance is going to cost you performance (specifically CPU).

23 Likes

Hi, post SIM update 6 im also seeing FPS drops; circa 10-20…Sim performance seems to have dropped off. My benchmark is the discovery flight over naples. Immediately after sim update 5, i was seeing circa 45-50 FPS on ULTRA settings and it was buttery smooth. After SIM update 6, im now seeing as low as 28PFS , mainly with HIGH settings and volumetric clouds and buildings set to ULTRA. Ryzen 3900X; RTX3070 and 32MB RAM.

5 Likes

I noticed that my settings had been changed. Terrain detail had been set to 200, so I reverted to 100.

Fine with 200 setting, but to go to 400 i get a 20 fps drop and one of my cores maxing out.

2 Likes

Well before i had set the LOD to 6/6 (Terrain/Object) in the useropt.cfg - which is even more than the current 4/2 with the new ingame sliders - and had a smooth performance, but now my FPS reduced to about 50% from before (changing it back to Ultrasettings with 2/2 doesnt change the FPS much). Where i had about 50-60 fps before, i now have 25-30… would have been OK with it, if the graphics had been reset to PreSU5. But obviously only the performance is on SU4 again :smiley:
I’m seriously done now with this overprized circus that repeats the same sad show every other month… Not touching this product any time soon anymore

8 Likes

And yet, here you are…

28 Likes

Yes! Maybe it can be raised in SU7? Oh wait the LOD is not as good.

1 Like

I have same config but with 3090 W11. All is well here!! What a great sim!!

3 Likes

When you double the draw distance that should happen right? What did you expect?

21 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a better title for your thread?

5 Likes

Corrected for you

I have lost about 10fps, it is back to SU4 performance.

2 Likes

not to take a massive hit on fps, when others say min affect

1 Like

I’m having so much fun with FS. All new graphics maxed out. Been siming for hours and hours. I don’t need to know the FPS. The REAL test is playing the sim for hours and hours. MSFS is smooth as butter. Looks great. The night lighting wow. Now flying the stock 747, KLAS PANC

7 Likes

It was more of a…i didn’t expect it to drop so much in performance saying not a moan. When other people are saying they have no issues with LOD400 i was simply thinking is it my machine? One of my cores is maxing out so i maybe thinking this is the problem.

4 Likes

I’ve only did limited testing but I’m seeing a 20FPS drop over NYC (my torture test). But it was still smooth and no stutter, so I’ll take it for now.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect a 3080 which i have to take so much of an impact. 300 is quite acceptable. I’ll have a play around and see what suits.