Big Radials Nieuport 17

Here’s my review of this thing:

11 Likes

Just saw Chocks review. Plane looks darn good with lots of interesting things to play with so well done!

1 Like

Into the Blue also has a nice review of this bird

4 Likes

Can the fire weapon function be bound to a flight control button?
(In the Corsair for example gun fire is defined as “toggle water rudder”, which I have bound to my flight stick fire button.)

1 Like

In the discord I raised this last night and was told its being looked at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are looking into it!

3 Likes

Not really a review but a few short impressions of it.

I like this plane a lot. It’s beautifully made, the little things like the notepad, guns and the hidden radio are nice. Also it is very different to the Stearman. The Nieuport feels far more fragile and underpowered… Also it punishes mistakes quickly: it stalls pretty suddenly and violently if mistreated. It gains speed very quickly but also bleeds speed very fast in hard turns pulling back on the elevator. And its harder to land. It also feels a little more nimble than the Stearman, while the Stearman feels safe and benign.

One thing I didn’t like:
Compared to other planes the engine sound is far too quiet. I switched to the C208 inflight and had to turn down the volume quite a bit. Also switched the radio on and almost couldn’t hear the engine anymore over the ATC voice. In all my other planes the relation between voice and engine sound works well.

4 Likes

Picked it up after watching Into The Blues review . Fun little aircraft and a joy to fly . Nice touches with the machine gun etc . Recommended if you’re into old school machines :+1:.

2 Likes

I love flying this Nieuport, but I have one complaint, which is that the clickspot for start engine pretty much takes up the whole instrument panel, what this means for me is that if my mouse pointer is anywhere in the cockpit, the mouse wheel will not allow me to zoom in or out. it’s a minor thing but I would like to see it fixed.

Any others having the same issue?

Otherwise this plane is exactly what I had hoped it would be and more!

1 Like

Yeah I have had the same. It can make firing the gun a bit hard too. The clickbox on upper gun seems a little to small for my liking too, I don’t get why whole drumb isn’t able to be clicked so have camera set a bit weirdly to use but that’s preference. I think the engine starter switch should just be clickable while over the top half of the stick

1 Like

Im sure i fixed that before sending it to the shop, but its possible i havent pushed that last minute update. Few days before launch are always a bit hectic :smiley: it’ll get fixed! And good idea about the guns, might review that also.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Somehow I get the impression there are too many Nieuport 17s out there, and I didn’t put them there :smiley:

3 Likes

■■■ :smiley: are these your friends or AI?

Yeah, I go through all my planes, and those I don’t want showing up on the tarmac I make sure in the aircraft.cfg

icao_generic = 0

and in the flightsim section
isAirTraffic=0
(I’ve read that if isUserSelectable=1, isAirTraffic=1 is ignored. But I’m not sure I believe it)

and atc_parking_types=“MIL_COMBAT”

And that’ll keep out of most airports.

Yes did that myself just now. Seeing one of them on occasion is kinda funny, but that’s ridiculous. :slight_smile:

AI. Tried it three times at GCLA. Worked every time :smiley:

1 Like

Even worse when you find KACK populated with a large number of Bleriot XI’s! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem is the game takes every livery as a new possible AI plane. So if a developer gives you an awesome set of liveries you will see that plane pop up every where until you disable some of them.

This works but it has to be changed for every livery.

True.

But they are in the same file so once your aware of that fact, you can just “find” and “replace all” .

1 Like