Big Tire Productions Kitfox

Yeah that’s the biggest problem with it for me now. If they can fix that then I’ll be very happy with it.

I have been trying shuting down the engine with CTRL+SHIFT+E, and I have scored some very step and very short landings, amazing !!!

I love how she descends the hill when aproaching runaway 35 in Boneyard :heart:
https://www.bushleaguelegends.com/addons/msfs/msfs-scenery/msfs-scenery-usa

It’s got it’s issue, but is a fun airplane to fly. Done a couple of videos on it. https://youtu.be/ERugTmVW6X4 , Like the low and slow Cheers Dion

How do you start the engine ? CTRL+E ?
If I start with the button, it stops after some seconds

You are experiencing the fuel cut off bug. You have to use the CTRL + V, to toggle the fuel pumps for fuel flow from the gas tanks that are not modeled. And even using CTRL + V doesn’t always work for me. Sometimes I have to restart the Sim to get it to work. Even after this latest patch and is one of those things that still needs to be addressed I think.
Now to be fair to the developer, with the video that I did as stated above in my post, during a simulation session, the Kitfox started right up with no issues. And I am running the latest version of the aircraft. And if you didn’t know, you can migrate over to your profile page and check to see in the content manager page that you Kitfox has been updated to the latest version. Cheers Dion YouTube: #dionm01

1 Like

A request to Big Tires, I hope they readme, please add tank indicators to the G3X.
They just need to add this to the (EngineDisplay) section of the panels.xml, I would do it myself if there was not DRM

<Gauge>
			<Type>DoubleHorizontal</Type>
			<ID>Piston_FuelGauge</ID>
			<Title>FUEL QTY</Title>
			<Unit>GAL</Unit>
			<CursorText>R</CursorText>
			<CursorText2>L</CursorText2>
			<Minimum>0</Minimum>
			<Maximum>9</Maximum>
			<Value>
				<Simvar name="FUEL RIGHT QUANTITY" unit="gallons"/>
			</Value>
			<Value2>
				<Simvar name="FUEL LEFT QUANTITY" unit="gallons"/>
			</Value2>
			<ColorZone>
				<Color>red</Color>
				<Begin>0</Begin>
				<End>1</End>
			</ColorZone>
			<ColorZone>
				<Color>green</Color>
				<Begin>1</Begin>
				<End>9</End>
			</ColorZone>
			<GraduationLength text="True">2</GraduationLength>
			<EndText></EndText>
		</Gauge>

That’s what it looks like:

I guess the real one has it on the wing interior with a tube, but this would be enougth for me.

Also can you check the RPM gauge, I think it’s displaying values scaled, not the real RPMs ?
Also in the same file, the low level fuel anunciators are set to 5gal, it seems to early for tanks of 9gal

3 Likes

And the devs from BT must fix the sound. This repetitive dull hum is terrible.

1 Like

It does seem to be better after his update , overall it does fly well. My biggest gripe is that it takes forever to slow down , having flown in multiple kitfox aircraft in real life this is the biggest realism killer for me. I can deal with a few other issues for now as they only take away from the “real life” aspect , as in being able to cold start and whatnot. Personally i would rather have the flying model itself working properly before the other issues are fixed. Just my 2 cents.

Other than that i do still enjoy flying the aircraft , trying to do my own Trent Palmer type of flying!!!

3 Likes

Have you tryed cutting off the engines with CTRL+SHIFT+E and see if the way it slows down it’s realistic ?
For knowing if the engine is the only problem …

The panels.xml file was not found in the Microsoft Store version …
can not edit :no_mouth:

That’s what I said about the DRM … it’s on the xml.fsarchive encrypted.
We can’t mod planes from the store or Deluxe editions

OK,then I’ll wait for the patch or mods…Thanks

Sad to see there’s still only one stage of flaps, defeating the purpose of a bush plane. This thing needs far too much space to land.

1 Like

Have there been improvements this to add-on yet where it would be worth the purchase?

Par for this developer

No, it’s still a s***show on landing. Can’t shut down the engine either.

1 Like

If you want a bush plane, no. It needs far too much space to land because there’s only one level of flaps. If you want a basic sightseeing plane that’s fun in the air, it’s probably worth the price. Then again there’s better default aircraft for that.

Not with that visibility !!!

And for STOL, I’m ussing the CTRL+SHIFT+E trick, and you can do very short landings.

1 Like

any word on where to find updates on the Palmer kitfox?

1 Like

We don’t even know who is the developper, the only thing we have are some coments made by Trent Palmer …

2 Likes