Big Tire Productions Kitfox

Big tire productions was quite active in the X-Plane forums, but now silicen for 3 months … does anyone have any clue what’s happening ? Is this kitfox abandoned now ?

It certainly looks abandoned.

I’m gonna change my Review in the marketplace to 1 star … I don’t want other people to buy abandoned planes

5 Likes

Yup. This is stupid all around. Not like there is a shortage of STOL aircraft now.

Run away! Run away!

The only purchase I’ve made that was worse? XIII.

It’s sad, because the plane has huge potential … but such a big bug, is not something you can recommend, a STOL plane that is not STOL

1 Like

Defininitely nothing to recommend, but if one already bought it, it’s usable, especially for a flight with scenic view from the cockpit and it has an Autopilot.

I land it by during the final approach turning off everything in the plane plus hitting CTRL+SHIFT+E to kill the propeller.
This way it lands short.

Oh and it onsly starts properly with CTRL+E, manually starting means it just stops after a minute, for whatever reason. (maybe I did something wrong).

The View however, is great :

Get this mod from Bagolu. Makes this AC actually flyable.

1 Like

According to today’s DevBlog, there is an update for the Kitfox in the MSFS Store.
[BLOG] May 13th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
No idea what was changed, I will download it once again in the coming days to check on it.

1 Like

Hope they got that right I don’t see any update in the marketplace.

I downloaded it and it’s the same broken plane as before.
Can’t turn it on from the cockpit and once I start by CTRL+E, it starts rolling like a race car and cannot be stopped.

Didn’t bother flying with it.

No idea what this update in the DevBlog is about.

1 Like

Ok got the update now after a sim restart but nothing is added to the version history tab in the marketplace. And the size of the package is exactly the same as the previous version.

I’ve been flying it with this mod by Bagolu.

I don’t know how the mod will work with the non-update “update.”

Let’s face it, this is a scam.
he bought a 3D Model for 50 Dollars and then did nothing right with it.

3D model Kit Fox S7 STI Titan C4D Rigged | CGTrader

1 Like

I installed the community Mod.

Now as I start the game, it shows me a 87 MB update to a version 1.04 in the content manager.

what is going on.

I have now deleted the community mod and am doing the update in the content manager.

There is no version history for 1.04, only for 1.02 from last year.

result: as soon as startet with CTRL+E, the plane rolls into the next wall like a racecar.

I’m giving up…

And even the 3D model is incorrectly modelled. (the fox with the wrong tail) :rofl: :fox_face:

Left picture is the one in the sim right is the irl Kitfox.
(Found this out when trying to correct the livery with the wrong logo)

1 Like

I now installed the flightsim.to Mod unto the ‘updated’ 1.04 Kitfox but it makes the plane disappear from the hangar.

I deleted this scam.

Hopefully one day a real developer creates the Kitfox for MSFS.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you watch the filenames as the update downloads from the marketplace, it’s now listed as 1.0.7. But no evidence of what’s changed.

I dont have it in me to try it out.

Has somebody tested the 1.07 version ?

1 Like

Tried update twice,both ended with CTD. Do not know what’s wrong.