Bind Sync Heading Bug to Joystick Button?

Mods are players too. :sunglasses:

I solved it by using Mobiflight to map a custom command to my VKB GA Module. Same solution for the VNAV button.

would love to see this fixed Asobo…

TEMP WORKAROUND IF YOU HAVE FSUIPC ON PC

1. create a new document in wordpad++
  2. paste the following text without the quotes into the document
    “hdg = ipc.readSW(0x582) – Gets current TRUE heading, in same units as AP Hdg
    hdg = hdg - ipc.readSW(0x2A0) – convert to MAGNETIC by subtracting Mag Var
    ipc.writeSW(0x7cc, hdg) – write to the A/P Hdg bug”
  3. save file in FSUIPC main folder as “currheading.lua” without the quotes
  4. restart FSUIPC and choose “Lua Currheading”

lua

with thanks to https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/21141.html

1 Like

Sigh, been what, nearly 2 years since this has been posted, and yet still no solution.

All I want to do is have a keybind that I can map to a button on my HOTAS, or to an emulated TouchPortal button on my tablet, so I can line up the heading bug with my current heading.

3 Likes

3 years after… All the same. I cannot bind a key to do what a right click on the HDG knob do.

6 Likes

Hi CC.

Sorry for the rather late response to your May 22 post!

Could you possibly go into a little more detail on how to use Mobiflight to map a custom command for ‘Sync Heading Bug’ to the VKB GA Module? I assume basically the same process would apply for VNAV.

I have looked at the tutorials on the mobiflight site and scrolled the forum only to find a massive community and technology option I was completely unaware of. Any pointers on how to get started would therefore be highly appreciated!

Hi! The commands I use are in this thread:

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I downloaded mobiflight, had a bit of messing around looking at basic tutorials which only added to my confusion. Then I just followed the steps suggested and it worked a treat! Thank you again.

1 Like

works with every plane Ive tested except the Just Flight arrows (if anyone knows why, I´d appreciate it…) (spad.next)

I successfully use SPAD.neXt to send AS1000_PFD_HEADING_SYNC Event with my Logitech Multi Panel HDG button.

Obviously because of its name it is for G1000 avionics, but it might work for other things or there might be a similar options for other systems.

Just wasted half an hour looking for the non-existent SYNC HEADING BUG. I don’t understand why it isn’t there. Not mad keen on running external software for one binding.

Oh well, there’s always MSFS 2024 (maybe, perhaps, perhaps not).

2 Likes

Mobiflight works well and reliably, and doesn’t have a noticeable impact on pc load / game frames. I use it daily for Heading Sync and VNAV, great tool.