Bind Sync Heading Bug to Joystick Button?

plz update 6 i try to assign any key for sync Heading bug to current direction plz anyonne know the correct assign name in the control option ?

yes i install it :slight_smile: but wath is the name correct event? :slight_smile:

Plane heading degrees gyro (degree latitude)

i try
simconnect : heading bug set with parametre value simconnect plane heading degrees magnetic but dont work on g1000 nxi allay the bug go to Nord position pfff

SOLVED it IS : HEADING BUG SET and source MAGNETIC COMPAS :))

1 Like

It works now with the newest version of g1000 nxi

So what did you bind the key to?

HEADING BUG SET and source MAGNETIC COMPAS

1 Like

Please help me understand here… “Magnetic Compass” is not an assignement for the “Set Heading Bug” action?!?

I’m having the same problem where one of my POV Hat controls the autopilot heading indicator, but I can’t find a way to map a button to the “Activate”, similar to when you point with the mouse on the button and right click to activate.

Any idea?

This does Not even Work with 3rd party program like spad.next i tried everything and it is a pain in the ■■■ there was also a variable called Set heading bug to current magnetic something… this must be it but it does Not work

I use the small white button on the left top of my Alpha yoke.

And you set it to what action?

As noted above, HEADING BUG SET with source MAGNETIC HEADING. This is with Spad.Next.

How do you specify the source as ‘Magnetic Compas’? If I don’t set the source it always going to the North.

Are you using Spad.Next?

No. I just mapped it in MSFS no external app. Is that means I cannot ?

Assigned to a button an Action to be executed with Configuration Simulation Event:

Send HEADING_BUG_SET-Event with Parameter value of MAGNETIC_COMPASS

Hope this helps - let me know.

1 Like

Yes. Unfortunately, until Asobo fixes it, Spad.Next is the only way that I have seen. Asobo has to provide a command to sync the heading bug. I have submitted a bug report and Asobo has indicated that it has been “fixed” but this apparently just means that it has been scheduled for fixing in their internal bug list.

2 Likes

I’m hugely surprised that there is no binding function for “Heading Bug Sync”, It is the primary function of pushing the dial,
What do all the sim cockpit builders do?
I got a joystick encoder from Leo Bodnar Electronics and connected it up to a rotary encoder dial and you can set the “Increase/Decrease Heading Bug” fine but then there is no Sync function to bind the push button to.
One would imagine that the “Set Heading Bug” item would be the one, but as mentioned that just sets it to North, not current heading.
Bug with the bug…

1 Like

Do you have an incident ID or anything like that? This is really bizarre and I don’t want to file a duplicate but I do want to get someone to look at it and if we can upvote or something.
The “SET HEADING BUG” should be bound to a button or keystroke and it should set it to the current magnetic compass, not to “N”.
I think they are trying to set it to some sort of analog degrees.

EDIT: Just found a closed post.

Zendesk: 84599

2 Likes

Got excited with the latest update when I read the release notes for 1.25.7.0…

General bugfix

• Fixed Heading select

Alas. No change.

Also see this thread which interestingly was created by a forum moderator.