Need Keymap for Heading Bug Sync to Compass Lubber Line

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

There is no keymap for synchronizing heading bug to current compass heading (lubber line). This is real-life behavior. Players who have a hardware control (like a rotary knob) assigned to INCREASE HDG BUG and DECREASE HEADING BUG can also likely press IN the knob and expect to have HEADING BUG set to CURRENT HEADING that the plane is flying. But no such Key Map exists. This behavior can be SOMEWHAT EMULATED by enabling SET AUTOPILOT HEADING BUG, but this control exists independent of the AUTOPILOT in real life. Thanks.

Note: there is a SET HEADING BUG COMMAND - but it automatically sets the HEADING to 0 Degrees North, not current heading.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Please see above for expected behavior.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A - happens in all configurations.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since August 2020 Launch

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This is also logged in several other threads.

Zendesk: 84599
Zendesk: 151331 “SET HEADING BUG” key binding always syncs to 0/360° heading rather than current heading

Would really like to be able to get this fixed.

Yes

See links in a reply to this thread

See links in a reply to this thread

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I can’t seem to find a solution to this same issue. Anyone have any ideas? Or, has this been resolved and I just can’t find it?

Not resolved. I used Mobiflight to send a script to the HDG knob on my GA panel.

Ok, thanks for the info!

This bug is till present, 3 years after it has been reported. It’s impossible to map joystick buttons to anything related to the autopilot heading bug and it’s very annoying.

I also find this extremely irritating. The only thing I can find does not sync but points it N. What is the point! This bug has been around long enough that it is apparent they are not interested in fixing it and it would be a simple fix.

By the way, the same problem exist for VOR 1 and 2.

Has anyone heard of anything happening with this lately or how I could input this diectly to Micrsoft.

Wayne

yes