[BinerSim] WIII - CGK - Soekarno–Hatta International Airport - Jakarta, Indonesia

1 Like

Flight from Bali to Jakarta (soekarno hatta airport add-on by binnersim) no ctd at all for me, hmm.

Windows 11

From what I’m seeing is that if you do an approach to the airport by manually tuning the ILS frequency, it works just fine.

The CTD occurs when you select the approach into your flight plan. Either from the world map flight planning or when you select the approach from the MCDU FPLN page.

It happened to me, and another user has confirmed CTD orccurs when they do the same steps. Only when you leave the approach as automatic on the world map and you continue with the approach yourself without adding it into the MCDU FPLN, the CTD doesn’t happen.

Found the root cause of the CTD… If you also have Navigraph Installed, it’ll crash the sim when you select and approach from either the World Map or MCDU… But when you uninstall Navigraph, the airport works as expected…

I’m not sure how we could make it compatible with each other.

It is indeed odd that this airport has such issues, when there are so many add-on airports that have absolutely no issue with approach frequencies and Navigraph integration.

May I suggest the developer reach out to Navigraph and/or other developers for a technical resolution. In the FS community many are extremely helpful.

Yeah, after a few posts and responses with Navigraph, I actually found a workaround to the issue.

Since the CTD happened when selecting the ILS from the list while having Navigraph installed, it reminded me of a similar issue with CloudSurf Asia Simulations WSSS Changi Airport where it always have missing Approach list on the world map.

I was inspired by the same workaround where the WSSS airport has to be placed directly underneath the navigraph on the Conten.xml list.

But when I looked at the entire list, the ordering are all weird, which I assumed comes from the order where the mod were installed.

So what I did was I actually deleted the entire Content.xml file from the folder. Then I start MSFS. The sim will then re-scan the entire mod folder and rebuild the Content.xml file with the “correct” order.

Surprisingly once I’ve done that, there’s no more CTD when I select the Approach list from WIII on the world map. Coincidentally, it also fixes the missing Approach list on the WSSS as well. So it’s like killing two birds with one stone.

Although, sometimes the CTD comes back from time to time, but when I delete the Content.xml file again and start the sim again, it works again. So I’m making it a habit now that I delete the Content.xml file everytime I’m planning to fly to WIII or WSSS.

Thanks for the feedback and contacting Navigraph. I also did read your communication in Navigraph forum.

Strangely I don’t have any issue with WSSS. But then there has been updates after the initial launch. I did have some issues initially with VHHH when just launched. After the updates it’s working fine also. Only WIII is finicky.

But as you pointed out earlier, any updates will take months due to the MarketPlace exclusivity.

Also the new Navigraph system is autostarted with the system and it monitors and changes the content.xml to automatically ensure that Navigraph’s file location is correct within the content.xml. I don’t have to manually change the sequence in content.xml now.

What a shame because I like it a lot. Will stick to the freeware one until someone makes it for other platforms and not the marketplace

Unlikely… When a payware version like this is readily available, even in a closed ecosystem like the marketplace. There’s very little incentive to actually make another rendition of the same airport by other developers. Even the freeware version no longer updated anymore because it’s difficult to reach the same quality as Binersim. And Binersim is the only developer that made the best quality airport scenery in Flight Simulators. No other Indonesian developer has ever came close to their quality.

And the developer has already commited that it’s only exclusive in MSFS marketplace. They will not be releasing it on other platforms. Ever. So I’m afraid, this is the only choice we have. I don’t think there will ever be another payware WIII in other platforms. So either we suck it up and take the marketplace version. Or stick with a sub-par freeware version. No other choice.

1 Like

Yes, I agree
I had most of their airports in P3D, purchased through them. I actually realized the freeware one was not updated when saw a lot of jetways standing alone near the other terminal.
I understand the lack of interest of other developers in creating an existing airport but it happens, for example Orbx is making Phuket. If in time nobody else makes it then probably I’ll end buying it as I did with Budapest. I don’t like to be forced, not to have a choice, apple style, mainly when I have had issues buying in the marketplace, my confidence in it is gone.
Thank you very much for your comment and concern, I appreciate it
Have a great weekend.

While I agree that a non MarketPlace release would be welcomed by many, I fully appreciate the decision by the developer.

The risk of piracy is just too great as evidenced and acknowledged even by Jorg in the Q&A. Any non MarketPlace release would cut greatly into the needed profit margins to attain sustainability. BinerSim in MSFS has a small footprint unlike the other biggies who seem to accept these losses.

I support the developers’s decision here while at the same time I acknowledge that any updates and fixes would definitely get a hit.

1 Like

Yeah, I totally understand the decision and yes, updates and fixes will be a nightmare
Small developers get more affected indeed
The only thing I find good in the marketplace is that products are in your currency and discounts can’t be beaten by any other store and that defenitely will make you fall sooner or later into buying.
Cheers

1 Like

Sometimes I wish that there’s some form of “Trial” mode or something for all payware marketplace addons. You know where we can download and try things out. Give it a limit of 1x landing and 1x takeoff. And after that it will automatically uninstall itself and requires you to actually purchase the addons if you want to continue using it.

At least that way, we can actually see and review how those airports look first, before actually committing to pay for it. There’s too many instances where photos look good, but once you pay for it, you only fly it once or twice and not liking the experience. So that’s money gone down the drain.

It would incentivise developers to make better quality addons, where the more people liking it, the more they’re willing to pay for them. But people have to like them first, instead of making blind deals. And in order for them to like them first, is to use them for the first couple of times.

Kinda like ice-cream. Have you ever came into a situation where you just pick an interesting ice-cream to eat only to realise you made a big mistake. Instead of asking them for a spoonful of taste test, and if you dislike it, you can just pick another flavour or just buy it if you like it.

I also wouldn’t mind an extra monthly subscription based, where I can have access to “all” payware addons that I can install/remove anytime.

1 Like

Southeast Asia game server multiplayer game has taken effect?

You know what…?

Thinking on that I guess I have the solution

Micrasoft should create a TEST ENVIROMENT, where absolutely all of the content is there to try, to test. Like for example the developer mode. Maybe an extra windown where all is enable for a limited time, let’s say, 10 minutes, so you can explore in depth the product and then it stops like when you crash in one of those landing chanllenges or missions they offer.

I’m going to propose that, maybe they’d like the option. I think many people will like that

Cheers
Carlos

Here it is
I hope they consider it

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/test-enviroment-or-demo-enviroment-proposal/527089?u=acuario9383

I think you should put that post under Wishlist, instead of General Discussion. That way people can vote on it, and it can actually go through to the developer for their visibility. General Discussion category will just make the topic get lost in the mountains of other topics.

Ooops, you’re right
I’ll see if I can move it somehow
Thanks!

Thank you!
I managed to transfer it

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/test-enviroment-or-demo-enviroment-proposal/527089?u=acuario9383

I’m not too familiar with this site
Cheers
Carlos

Just bought it
It only needs the star on the map to be perfect
Thanks

1 Like