[BinerSim] WIII - CGK - Soekarno–Hatta International Airport - Jakarta, Indonesia

Here’s a preview of the upcoming WIII - CGK - Soekarno–Hatta International Airport - Jakarta, Indonesia Payware Airport made by BinerSim. Coming soon to MSFS Marketplace. I can’t wait.

Soekarno–Hatta International Airport (Indonesian: Bandar Udara Internasional Soekarno–Hatta) (IATA: CGK, ICAO: WIII), abbreviated SHIA or Soetta, formerly legally called Jakarta Cengkareng Airport (Indonesian: Bandar Udara Jakarta Cengkareng) (hence the IATA designator “CGK”), is the primary airport serving the Jakarta metropolitan area on the island of Java in Indonesia. Named after the first president and vice-president of Indonesia, Sukarno and Mohammad Hatta, the airport is located at Benda, Tangerang and Cengkareng, West Jakarta, which is about 20 km northwest of Central Jakarta. Together with Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport, they served over 80 million passengers in 2019. Soekarno–Hatta International Airport - Wikipedia

BinerSim - Flight Simulator Scenery Designer

7 Likes

Finally! Indonesia gets the love it so much deserves in MSFS. Have been eagerly waiting for Soekarno-Hatta. Looks awesome!

This will definitely be a great addition for Asian flights.

Just checked their Facebook page and noted it’s only available through MSFS Marketplace; definitely a very wise decision.

2 Likes

How so? I would think selling it through multiple stores would benefit from a wider sources of income as it would be marketed throughout a wider range of audiences who prefer to get from their preferred stores. It also helps with competition from different stores who can control their commission to have a more competitive final price.

MSFS Marketplace is notorious for long uploads and even longer updates. Case in point, WIII is suppose to be released last week on the 28th of October. But to this day, it’s not even release yet from all the red tape behind the marketplace submissions. If there’s a bug, submitting an update would go through the same red tape before a fix can be available.

At least with other stores they have more control over when they can release their products and when can they release future updates.

2 Likes

According to their tweet, WIII was supposed to be available in msfs marketplace on 28th oct, but “due to large volume of submission in Microsoft content queue” no new date can be confirmed. I can’t wait for this one, I hope it is as good as their other product (Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport) which includes military aprons, hangars and offices. And also a spot where I used to do fighter plane spotting :grinning:

1 Like

The issue here is primarily loss of revenue due to rampant piracy, when offered through other outlets. Only MSFS MarketPlace seems to have a robust mechanism to prevent it. So I guess some astute developers would want to take advantage of it.

I guess so… I just wish they put more effort into making the marketplace easy to upload and update in a timely manner as they did with their encryption efforts.

God knows how many people still waiting for a marketplace version of addons to be updated and bugs fixed while other people already got the updates months before from the other stores. I even paid another Binersim’s WITT addon twice from other stores because I was so unhappy with how Marketplace is handling it. Not to mention some reports of people purchasing addons, and they get charged, but the transaction never goes through. They paid for it, but they didn’t get the addons that they paid for.

I know it’s not perfect… And I’m happy and excited to buy this on day one. If it has to be on the MSFS marketplace, then I’ll swallow the bitter pill anyway. I just wish I have the freedom to choose which store I buy it from. And to minimise the “middle-men” fees to maximise the money that goes to the developers directly.

Just read the Dev update and WIII is not on the list… :weary: that means we need to wait for at least another week until the next Dev update to see if it makes it to the list.

1 Like

Another Dev Update, and still no WIII released… :weary: While the Xplane 11 version got released ahead of time, and that one was developed later than MSFS version… Haaa, come on Microsoft/Asobo… Approve it for release already…

2 Likes

i hope this product has proper taxiways.

i have bad experience with their halim product (WIHH), which wrongly set the taxiway type as PATH, instead of TAXI. this makes us cannot request to the ATC for taxi to parking.

Well, I dunno what happened to you, but on my flight I can request ATC to parking. Here’s the evidence.

And also I can request ATC to parking in this one as well.

@Neo4316 Any feedback on Sultan Iskandar Muda Airport, Aceh by BinerSim? Thinking of getting it while waiting. Already have Halim.

1 Like

It’s awesome… I like the unique design of the airport terminal. And it’s a nice approach too.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. Will go ahead and get it.

This scenery is coming this desember :wink:

2 Likes

If what they say it’s true that it takes 16 weeks between submission and the addon being published. I would pick mid-February as the release date…

It would be a shame if SU8 would have been released by then, and the addon that was submitted was tested to work only for SU6. So by the time it was published it would have been broken already. So the dev made a hotfix to make it compatible for SU8, only for us having to wait another 16 weeks until that version is published, By then we would have been in SU9 or SU10, and that made the hotfix incompatible again. And so on. Never ending cycle.

1 Like

I was hoping it wouldn’t be like what you said. But December has come and gone and it looks like what you mentioned above is gonna materialize.

Ultimately, the problem here is the unwillingness to release the airport outside the official marketplace.

Mind you, the developers have every right to decide so, but it’s still very disappointing. I buy on the official marketplace as little as possible. I don’t like to have so little control over my purchases.

1 Like

It’s out!

And it’s quite good :smiley:

2 Likes

I found a couple of issues:

• The taxiway lights are sometimes not inline with the taxiway paint
  • Non-gate parking spots don’t have stair. e.g. stand E62

The visual quality is quite good. But the “afcad” still has some issues.

1 Like

There’s also an issue with selecting Approaches from the world map, resulted in CTD.

As an Indonesian with vast experience with how government construction project goes… I’m not surprised if this is actually what it is in real life.

Also not surprised since this happens in real life too. They had to call stairs from the other side of the airport. :rofl:

That being said, Stairs only occurs on Ramp GA (Large) types (this applies to all airports, not just this one). I’m not familiar about stand E62 in real life, but if this can be parked by an airliner, then it should be set as Ramp GA (Large) and not with other types. It’s just a matter of opening the project again, and changing the parking types, and the stairs will follow suit automatically.

Since this is released after Sim Update 7 patch. I’m not surprised that there’s bugs now. Remember, this airport was suppose to be released on October last year. Back then, we were still on Sim Update 5. So this airport was built and compiled with SU5 in mind. Due to the marketplace delays, we’re effectively downloaded an airport that was designed for SU5 onto a SU7P build, so the bugs occurs.

If the devs made an update to fix these issues and reupload it to the marketplace, we would have to wait for another 16 weeks before that fixed update is ready for us to download. And by then, we would already be in SU9 or something which can introduce a new set of bugs.

It’s a never-ending cycle when it comes to Marketplace. That’s the reason why I avoid buying addons from there. But alas, we have no choice… c’est la vie.