Screenshot by zkdos
We are quickly approaching the release of our Game of the Year Edition and Reno Air Races expansion! The team is currently heads down working hard to bring you the best possible experience. If you have any questions about the upcoming releases, click here to upvote or ask a question to the devs. Our next monthly Dev Q&A is scheduled for November 17th at 10:30am Pacific Time.
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (6, 7, etc.) WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible TBD =To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into this issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Not Started = We have not begun investigation on this yet
Started = Development work as started on this item
- Regarding the fspackagetools.exe bug that appeared on SU6, we published a series of hotfixes on DevSupport. If you are impacted by this issue, you can find help here: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/articles/3288/fspackagetool-workaround-to-display-debug-console.html.
- We improved the bitmap stats. We now avoid counting shared bitmaps several times.
- We added the draw debug for helipads.
- We fixed a crash that could happen when trying to add a CarParking to the scene.
Visual Effects Editor:
- We fixed a crash that happened when closing a document after moving and deleting a node.
- We fixed the usage of default value for Graph parameter.
- We fixed potential freezes in the BezierCurve editor when using the mouse wheel.
- We fixed the WASM gauges on Xbox.
As of 10/30, we have now approved 225 (+6) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 124 (+1) have released 596 products on PC (+14) and 266 on Xbox (+35).
In total, 1,440 products (+15) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 390 products (+1) from 3rd party developers are in production (254 announced, 136 unannounced). In total, over 1,830 3rd party products (+16) are either released or are in development.
1145 airports (+8) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 926 airports (+8) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 484 airports (+13) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 107 airports (+1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 112 airports (-1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
233 aircraft (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 77 aircraft (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 47 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 132 aircraft (+1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 24 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
407 sceneries (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 392 sceneries (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 38 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 15 sceneries (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
45 mission packs (+2) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 45 mission packs (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 4 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
There are 53 new products (27 on PC, 26 on Xbox), and 13 updated products (9 on PC, 4 on Xbox) in the Marketplace today.
We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! Enjoy this scenic flight through the beautiful Yosemite Valley, over Lake Tahoe, and arriving at Reno-Stead Airport, site of the famous Reno Air Races that are coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator on November 18. All are welcome! Click here for details.
Last weekend was Cross the Pond Eastbound, one of the biggest events of the year for the VATSIM community. If you weren’t able to participate yourself or watch other flight simmers live on streaming platforms like Twitch or Youtube, you can watch this replay (caution: 8+ hour video) from YouTuber British Avgeek who took part in CTP by flying a Boeing 787 Dreamliner from New York JFK (KJFK) to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport (EFHK) on the VATSIM network.
The MSFS Mobile Companion App is a powerful addon that turns almost any second screen you have available (such as a tablet, smartphone, or laptop) into an additional control panel and information hub for Microsoft Flight Simulator. From the Companion App, you can easily set the frequency of your NAV/COMM radios, follow your plane’s location with a moving map, configure your autopilot settings, control your plane’s lights and pitot heat, and more! Thanks to community member mracko for making this extremely valuable addon completely free to MSFS pilots!
This past week our Screenshot Challenge was Crop Circles and Corn Mazes . This seemed to be a tough one! Here are our runner ups this week:
Screenshot by CaptHawkeye50 (forums)
Screenshot by ketturothefox (Twitter)
Screenshots by JazzSam (forums)
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – November 11th, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team