Bing and Photogrammetry Issues

I have been experiencing an issue with Bing maps and Photogrammetry. When either of those is on, the game will either not load at all, or would have no ground scenery. Only once both those options are turned off, the game would return to having a scenery. I do not have any map mods installed, I have also tried reinstalling the whole game and relaunching it in it’s default state with no 3rd party mods installed. Below is a list of all the troubleshooting steps I did in order to try and fix the game:

• Resetting TIN and Online Services (restarting data connection services)
  • Deleting manual + Rolling cache
  • Removing 3rd party mods
  • Reinstalling Gaming Services
  • Adding MSFS to Inbound and Outbound Rules in Windows Defender Firewall
  • Using a VPN
  • Deleting the Steam Cloud Save
  • Reloading Credentials and Forcing Authentication

I do have a decent internet connection, over 120 mbps, so I’m sure my internet speed is not the issue here.

I’ve already contacted MSFS support, went through all the troubleshooting but had no luck with getting a resolution. Only solution they suggested right now is to do a full PC factory reset which I want to refrain from doing as it’s quite a hassle as you can imagine (all files, logins, games etc), however they said they will not escalate my problem on because I’m the only one receiving this issue?? Anyways… below is a screenshot of my game when bing live maps are on.

Hope someone will know a solution to this problem

Have you tried to start in safe mode ?. Once in the sim, open task manger and terminate msfs.exe. At restart you’ll get the safe mode option.
Have that issue with all airports or just some specific ones ?. Which airport is on your screenshot ?

I will try safe mode now, but yes this if affecting all airports all around the world. The airport in the screenshot is Edinburgh

1 Like

Also if you are using the rolling cache, turn it off or delete it.

I turned off rolling cache and launched in safe mode. The game loaded but I was immediately greeted with “your bandwidth is too low for data streaming, you have been switched to offline mode”

This is not related to the rolling of safe mode, should be a temporary issue. Wait a couple of minutes and try again. Make sure all is ON in your data setup once the sim is loaded.

The game will now not load, usually loads within seconds and is now taking over 10 mins

Edit - it just loaded but once again no scenery

In your data setup, all is ON ?

Yes, all on
It kept retrying the internet connection and it turned itself off now (the bing and photogrammetry)

You should be able to load in safe mode and have all the data ON to test.

Here at Edinburgh EGPH, I don’t have any issue. On your screenshot it looks like of have an addon for that airport right ?

Yes but I’ve tried loading in at a different airport with no addon scenery. The game will just have no scenery wherever I load if all of the online settings are turned on. It only loads when bing and photogrammetry is off, and that’s the issue I’m trying to fix but I really don’t know why that is

The game automatically defaults to having those two options turned off after it refuses to load for a few mins

This is Newcastle and has the default scenery, running in safe mode

Have you tried to turn off “online functionality” and then turn it on again ?

Yes that was one of the first things I tried

Ok, don’t know what else to try at that point. Maybe users will propose other ideas :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help anyways!

1 Like

Not sure if it can help but have a look at that topic:

I think you should uninstall everything and install again from scratch.

I reinstalled everything literally about 3 days ago because of this very issue. It however unfortunately didn’t fix it

I’ve seen the sim look like this when turning on line function on or off while in flight. It would take a few seconds to load all the scenery even after resuming. So to me it seems like you have a connectivity issue between your computer and the server. If your system has wifi maybe try switching between Ethernet and WiFi. If no wifi maybe try a different lan port and or cable. Also you should delete your rolling cache, not just turn it off. Might try that first.
Edit. Delete rolling cache even if you don’t use it.

what are your system specs and OS?