Bing Maps and Photogrammatry Not Loading Unless Game is Set to "High Priority"

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Immediately leaving origin airport, bing maps and photogrammatry stop loading (super low res ground and no photogrammatry). By setting the game to “High” priority in task manager, I was able to solve this issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Game set to “Normal” Priority in task manager.

Game set to “High” Priority in task manager.

Screenshots taken in same city. San Diego, CA.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start game and set “Normal” Priority in task manager. Begin Flying away from origin airport. Issue encountered. Start game and set “High” Priority in task manager. Begin flying away from origin airport. No issue encountered throughout flight. No impact in performance between priorities, just bing maps and photogrammatry.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i5 6600k clocked at 3.9ghz
RTX 3080 ti
16gb DDR4 Memory
Game is on SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

really noticed a coupled updates ago, probably su7.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

That’s interesting. I wonder if others can confirm the same. :+1:

I noticed it was also consistent with network usage on the task manager.

.1mpbs on normal and 20+mbps on high

Setting the firewall off brought the network usage up to 5mbps. Checking to see if that’s any better!

1 Like

No difference. Only thing that helps is setting high priority. Not sure if it’s my cpu “needing” to be set to high priority in order to keep up with data streaming?

I tried this, this morning, and it did nothing for my performance issues. I even reverted back to 1080p from 4k on a diff monitor, still terrible performance, even made a vpn connection still terrible performance…

After this last year or so of screwing around trying to get the sim to run consistent, at this point in time I have to say its server side issue. The servers/network just isnt capable of supporting the current user base.

4 Likes

There has been some server issues since the last big outage 4 or 5 weeks back, I have a solid 175Mbps fibre connection and I’ve been getting random issues, offline warnings since. This might just be bad timing

Thanks for the replies so far and forgive my ignorance, but the fact remains I’m able to replicate the problem and solution everytime. Its just the solution shouldnt even be something that should be done.

Makes me think its maybe my processor just chugging on normal priority and setting it to high priorty gives the cpu that extra kick to process the streaming.

I dont think its server side because when in high priority mode everything streams in perfectly.

Hi that’s one of my favorite settings.
You can give it that command so that it always runs on high priority automatically. I’m recently trying another setting and it seems to work well too.

Always run MSFS 2020 in high priority

CMD as administrator

regedit (Press Enter)

We look for the following route

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

Right click on Image File Execution Options > New > Password and put > FlightSimulator.exe

Right click on FlightSimulator.exe > New > Key and put PerfOptions

Right click on PerfOptions > New > DWORD Value (32 bits) and put CpuPriorityClass

Double click on CpuPriorityClass and put in information of the value 3

Wow thanks will def set this up. Only thing is that when msfs is set high priority, the rest of my computer runs like â– â– â– â– . Might be high time to actually installing my i7 9600 thats been sitting around with its new mobo

You can try these 2 things together they seem to work fine

what a strange combination :flushed:…

This CPU have only 4 cores… May be somewhat runniong in parallel eats so many resources, that you must force the OS to give parts of MSFS a little bit more time-slots ( a setting which is normaly not recommended neccessary ). But we can not say something without screenshots of e.g. taskmanager etc, about CPU load. At least If I see that you use VR, I have some “bad boys” in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect insight, Micha. As soon as I’m home tomorrow, I’ll try to grab some screenshots of task manager while the game is running.

I mentioned earlier as well that I have an i7 9600k ready to install. Just gotta move some important stuff off my ssd first.

1 Like

I seem to have the same problem…

Just that it doesnt matter if i set to High or not. This happened with the moment of the last Worldupdate for me. I remember how i updated, went to the mountains near west coast and saw that the terrain isnt loading anymore.

One can see it here on the pic. Look closely, the upper half has a different color and no detail at all, then a part comes with yet another color, rectangle shaped and then the full crisp texture comes. This seems to happen everywhere in the US now for me. Just not always. Ive made a few flights

This is LOD 250.

unknown.png (2542Ă—978) (discordapp.com)

unknown.png (1565Ă—1036) (discordapp.com)

unknown.png (1412Ă—1075) (discordapp.com)

Ive done a lot of things already. Cleared caches, restarted router, tried different planes, routes, deleted content.xml and usercfg.opt and a few other things.

What i notice is that it doesnt seem to load data anymore and the CPU is not really doing much…
The problem is that an internet speed test shows all good. No issue with connection.

Ive tried to change the prio to high but that doesnt seem to help.

This problem appeared over night, first time i saw it was on day of update.

This is how my sim (with the same settings) looked 2 weeks ago. Ive basically never seen the terrain load in. It was simply there. Now i see it loading just a few hundred m infront of me.

unknown.png (2335Ă—1198) (discordapp.com)

unknown.png (2560Ă—1440) (discordapp.com)

ANd here one can see that it simply doesnt load nicely.

unknown.png (1049Ă—736) (discordapp.com)

There would be a lot more to load because if im over the bad spots it will load in detail. So basically the detailed data is somewhere, it just doesnt load.
What can it be?

I9900k
rtx 2080
32GB Ram.

i try this when i right click on “new” i dont grt the “password” option .
can you please explain in better detail ( i am old and stupid)

No Please
Do not say that.
It was my fault for not explaining myself better.
You can write yourself or double click and it will apply automatically.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\FlightSimulator.exe\PerfOptions]
“CpuPriorityClass”=dword:00000003

Download

thank you for that i wil give it a try

1 Like

Tss yesterday i had a ctd now this!? Man this game becomes to get worse. Look at the poi’s detail just poor nowadays. Wqs flying over italy and noticed some real problems ,ith the photogrammetry and the pois that don’t load at all a they should. Can somebody see if you have the problem also???

The pois dont load even tried rebooting. Cache on or off doesnt make a difference. Other citys seem to be fine. Really shittie!

it looks like PG… can you share the exact location so that we can made a compare ? ( I not know each street / poi in italiy :wink: )

PS: and how is the effect of the process-priority, as the topic here is ?

Its in Peretola airport near firenze. There are a lot of pois there and only 1 out of 10 load properly! Piaza dell duomo is the only poi in the vicinity that looks good as it should. The rest looks like garbage.
Havent tried the priority settings set to high will try it later.
Thanks for the reply mate!

Weird i wanna try the high priority setting but when i open rask manager and select the game right click i cant go to details so i cant set it to high priority