BING DATA WORLD GRAPHICS causing CTDs

Hi everyone,

Since the latest sim update I started experiencing random crashes in-game. (Plane or location doesn’t matter at all, it can happen at the gate, while taxi, mid flight, or near the end of the flight.) At first I didn’t really care about it until it got way too frequent:

The last few weeks spent with research about what causing this: As my last idea I tried to turn off BING DATA WORLD GRAPHICS in the data sections of the sim settings the result was that I couldn’t reproduce the crash anymore if it’s off. Tried to turn it on mid-flight, a few minutes later the game crashed. Since then managed to doo a few successful flights without satelite images.

I wouldn’t even try this if this type of crash wasn’t eerily similar to the “World map zooming CTD” what I experienced too (came with SU13 went with SU14) - Also this is why I’m opening this topic as there was quite a few people who experienced that one.

Also linking this topic to my Zendesk ticket.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NVIDIA 31.0.15.4665

PC specs and peripheral set up:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Blower
  • 32 GB RAM
  • 4 TB M.2 NVMe, 1 TB SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Likely you need to delete and recreate your rolling cache as the data has become corrupt.

I’ve never used rolling cache.