Sim crashes when zooming in at the worldmap

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes, even booted the sim in the secured mode

Brief description of the issue:

I am trying to spawn my plane at EDNY abd since I am beginning in at the region my sim keeps crashing. I tried deleting various caches, but nothing worked

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

/

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

As mentioned above

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

All Drivers are up to date

PC specs and peripheral set up:

RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons: Fault Bucket ID #2230385692295419819

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Newest version/no SU13 beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

According to some users this mod JayDee´s World Map Filter Presets for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS might resolve the problem

i have the same behaviour but in a slighlty different region (Vienna) and only when zooming in fast.

When i zoom to the airport (LOWW) slowly giving ot time to load the satellite image it usually works but is time consuming. When zooming in fast i get a CTD

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I’ve had the same issue intermittently (a few times). Happened when zooming into various regions in the US. For instance, KSDF or KLAX.
It was worse when I switched to DX12. (I’m trying to hash out another issue, see my CTD issue posted recently in this category about CTD when spawning in the NE US).
When I was (temporarily) using DX12 trying to hash out my issue in the NE US my machine actually hard faulted when zooming in and required a cold boot.
When I had the issue, if I started with the IFR map filter instead of the Satellite overlay and zoomed in/out for awhile without the Satellite overlay the issue seems to go away and I could zoom freely without any problem.

2 Likes

It’s definetly something with the WU Germany. I deleted it and all worked. Then I reinstalled the WU and still got an CTD. Therafter I deleted just the Altenrhein Airport and Memmingen Airport which are delivered with the WU and it worked again

2 Likes

Sim crashes randomly when quickly zooming at world map anywhere. This issue started with AAU2. Looks more like a problem when downloading Bing maps data to display map background or to collect weather data to display the clouds than anything else. I had crashes even at greenland and iceland where there are no WUs yet. In those areas there are just a few airports and almost no POIs but they still require Bing and weather. It also happened with offline traffic so it´s not caused by the displaying of online AIs I would say.

Cheers

2 Likes

I confirm this problem. Today my friend told me about crashing on EDDB (Steam version) while zooming to point of airport. I tried it and for example zoom to EDDB is correct. But now I discovered that it crashes when I click on a player who is currently on EDDB. It is really weird. Server North Europe.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-09-02T19:57:19.2514039Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>55747</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>DESKTOP-I91IU8D</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>1.33.8.0</Data> 
  <Data>00000000</Data> 
  <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>1.33.8.0</Data> 
  <Data>00000000</Data> 
  <Data>c0000005</Data> 
  <Data>00000000002f4344</Data> 
  <Data>56f8</Data> 
  <Data>01d9ddd7649ce139</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>40203e04-04af-4c25-b827-255498e18741</Data> 
  <Data>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data> 
  <Data>App</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Report:
MSFSReport.txt (15.2 KB)

EDIT: I have no Germany World Update.

1 Like

For test I switched server to another and the problem is still occurs. And it don’t do it for all players. Some I clicked is fine, but another cause crash. Maybe it will help with the problem crashing game for only clicked&zoom the airport.

I tested more outside Germany. About crashing on click on player it will doing outside Germany too.

All crashes are about 0x00000000002f4344
Fault bucket: 1304550857348394784, typ 5

EDIT: yes, all crashes are from MSFS in the list of errors. Problem replicated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its not only this area … it freezes randomly completely independent of the region where you move the globe … i never touch the globe again, just choose the airport via the dropdowns… i doubt it will ever be fixed … :confused:

2 Likes

This EDDB zooming CTD issue has disappeared after deleting EDDT Berlin Tegel Airport (from G company) in my case.

1 Like

I can confirm that this happens randomly in any location after zooming in a large amount if I start moving the map centre before all the map imagery has finished loading.

4 Likes

Hi at all,
I can confirm that this issue doesn’t belong to a special area in the World Map and happens over the world map over all. You don’t need to be on a special Airfield to trigger this error. This happened to me a lot of times on serveral airfields and Asobo isn’t able to fix it for a long time which I couldn’t understand. I’m verry disappointed about his becaus this must be a long time known bug or Error with the Sim.

4 Likes

Hope Asobo is gonna fix this issue soon.

1 Like

Impressive Trouble shooting — well done !

Discovered the same problem today while zooming close into Berlin, Germany - instant CTD.

Community folder is empty now, none other - Berlin related - 3rd party content installed other than Asobo’s included German WU content.
Cache deleted, rebooted and newest drivers and updates.
Problem only goes away when booting sim in safe mode.

Dis sucks.

1 Like

Same problem in France map. Hope it will be fix shortly.

1 Like

Little bit frustrating, after ten min of loading the fs (washing my dishes in between) paning around the map and here we go stutters of music and then CTD - thank you for the ten minutes. Next try, loading again ten minutes? In total 20 min? Without playing?

North America user here. Can confirm I experience this map crash bug regardless of zooming into Germany. Every other region of the map worldwide is affected for me. Zooming in too quickly causes the entire game to CTD. Additionally, after the most recent update, I’ve been getting random CTD during gameplay as well appearing to be related to my mouse falling asleep (tried with multiple mice). Absolutely unacceptable and horrible programming.

2 Likes

yes

this happens randomly when zooming or selecting. It does it anywhere in the world and in VR when I activate it.

Yes

No crashes prior to SU13. Many CTDs since regardless of location. Reinstalled sim and even with ZERO addons, including no Marketplace updates/addons, CTDs still occur.

1560424989613081798, type 5

1 Like