Sim crashes when zooming in at the worldmap

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

this a report crash Windows APP .

Nom de l’application défaillante FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.34.16.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Nom du module défaillant : FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.34.16.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000007c0489
ID du processus défaillant : 0x0x3D58
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x0x1D9FDCF226B54CE
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID de rapport : 8392efd3-dc1a-431c-a965-5b1050fbab7c
Nom complet du package défaillant : Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : App

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

CTD after SU13 but not in beta testing SU13
CTD also over EPWA

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1211189021504463169, type 5

This is a serious problem currently within the sim… It doesn’t matter where you’re at on the world map- it can happen in any country or region. I’d estimate that it’s happening at least 30% of the time when panning/zooming the world map. Currently, I’m running an Intel i9-13900k, 64GB Ram, & 4090… I’ve never had any serious consistent issues with the sim until now and this popped up after the most recent Sim update.

6 Likes

I have the same issue, but using the drop down menu to select the airport works every time for me.
It will zoom to the airport and then you can click on the spot where you want to start your flight.
Or - if you know the name of the spot - you can select it directly from the drop down menu

Maybe a general workaround untill this annoyance gets fixed.

Please try and let people know, if it works for you, too.

I spend more time restarting MSFS than fly. This game is becoming very boring… With each new update, something else is broken. I use VR with a pico 4, it worked very well and since the last update, nothing works anymore. I will reinstall Xplane12 and abandon MSFS.

Nom de l’application défaillante FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.34.16.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Nom du module défaillant : FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.34.16.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000296d9f0
ID du processus défaillant : 0x0x40F8
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x0x1D9FEF2E624D5D5
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID de rapport : 8a46e582-de47-4736-b852-59f3fe7f6c78
Nom complet du package défaillant : Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : App

It’s permanent…
Return to desktop as soon as I activate VR or I want to change planes or modify an option. I do not really know what else to do. I have already reinstalled and no change… Asobo forces us to use versions that don’t work

1 Like

Same here, really annoying, every time i want to play there’s a new issue, after hours of updating.

Zooming the map, lauching a flight, anywhere on map, anyplane it crashes.
I wont buy FS2024 for sure…

3 years is enough to finish a beta ?

2 Likes

This only started for me with SU13, but now it has started, it’s insane. Pretty much 70% of my attempts to load a flight crash, anywhere in the world, any aircraft, but not fully repeatable (occasionally I can get into the flight).

Super annoying.

Two weeks later… no fix, no solution.
Yesterday my sim crashed 4 times when I was zooming towards Chicago.

EDIT after a new test/CTD :
I’d like to specify that I have same CTD in directX 11 and 12.
Important information: the game also crashes in SAFE MODE. So it’s not related to the addons and contents of the community folder.
It seems to be a core problem, or a Bing Map data transfert problem (I’ve no cache activated in the sim).

4 Likes

On the world map, during loading, after a few seconds.

A nightmare for the few last days…

Worst with MSFS is these kind of issues can be related to servers, you become crazy thinking it’s your PC or sim, but in reality it’s the servers making the sim crashing.

It has been 1 hour I have been trying to launch a flight, worked perfectly yesterday and have not changed anything.

edit : I updated my drivers to 537.58 two days ago, I wonder if it could be the reason but I doubt it. I’ll try to rollback to 537.42.

edit 2 : seems to bet better after going back to 537.42

edit 3 : nope, still happens.

1 Like

Hey guys,
I’d like to quote myself from another topic:

In my opinion, there is definitely something going on with Microsoft servers.

This morning was a nightmare, I was almost unable to start a flight.

This afternoon was absolutely fine.

I can confirm that I’ve a problem with the BING data. In this video I can zoom into Chicago without any problem if the bing data are deactivated.
When I reactivate it, the game crashes at around 50s in the video.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!

I’m currently “fighting” with the Zendesk support days ago, and linked all these forum threads about this issue but I only get answers like “it’s your local issue”, “the thread is not relevant since each case is different” and “revert back the sim to the vanilla state” (already mentioned 5 times that I’ve done that before even with clean Windows install and the issue still existed).
I opened my ticket about this on the 8th of october.

Could we change some information in private message? If yes please dm me here, could be helpful!

2 Likes

I wonder if this is anything to do with Rex Accuseason? Is anyone getting the crashes not using Rex?

Yes mate.

CTD without addons.

2 Likes

Scratch that one, then!

Just had a crash zooming in around that region.

I have this problem EVERYWHERE. No matter where on the World Map once I zoom in to a certain level the sim hangs then crashes. It appears to be happening when it should be loading the new stage of detail from the map.

If I turn OFF the option to use Bing Data World Graphics then the crash appears to go away, but now everything looks like crap :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So after a bunch of testing I was convinced this was being caused by Accuseason and the developers themselves even thought as much. But it is NOT. I have managed to get the crash while panning/zooming in the world map even with Accuseason completely removed. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or so of messing with the map, but so far as long as Bing data is ON I have managed to get a crash eventually, even without Accuseason.

EDIT: I have now reproduced this crash in SAFE MODE as well. The only scenario so far that I have been unable to crash the sim is with bing data turned off. With that turned off, I can not crash it no matter how long I try in the map. Safe mode or normal mode doesn’t matter. With bing data off I can’t crash. Turn bing data on, I can crash.

2 Likes