Bing Maps Not Loading!

Today MSFS is never downloading the Bing satellite imagery!! Any help?

Check that you are still connected and reset your router if needed

Connected and reset router done, but still the same problem

Photogrammetry on? and I have absolutely no reason for suggesting it but have you tried deleting your cache?

I iam having same issue since last update. I never had any issues before. Reinstalled 4 times. Worked for a bit last night. Jumped on again tonight and no bing maps. Just ugly. I only fly vfr and it’s sucks now.
Wish devs knew how to release patches without mucking everything up.
Almost ready to give up on this

2 Likes

may I ask what type of harddrive you are using?

NVMe SSD Samsung 970 EVO, rtx 3080 500mbps up down , never had any issues before last update. Running steam version

1 Like

Presumably it’s not too full and gets optimized regularly so I doubt it’s a problem unless your C&O folders are elsewhere. No bing maps is a strange one though especially as you are not crashing. My only other suggestion is run Memtest86 but even then I’m doubtful that it’s your ram. I have the 980 pro Evo and only recently found the high performance mode in Samsung Magician, do you also have the option?

1 Like

Storage is not an issue . It’s the only game I have on that nvme drive and the OS . I have another nvme drive that has all my other games etc. Again never been a problem since last update. No issues online with any other games on pc or ps5. All I can recommend is don’t reinstall as it maybe a short term fix . Have done so 4 times. Binh maps Worked yesterday for a session then nothing tonight after installing my flight yoke and throttle to my sim racing rig.
It is Strange because I can see other players online but no bing data

The game is loading into ram but the bing data isn’t reaching your vram, can you check this in the dev mode fps counter?

Not sure how. But I can see

what numbers do you get for the gpu budget?

4.289/9.091 that’s gpu that was in menu
In game 5.172GB/9.091

I have 32gb ram

sounds about normal for renderscale 100 since the update so I don’t know what’s going on

yeah but even then near enough. what happens if you fly over photogrammetry cities?

Non of the bing or photogrammetry work. Only fix I found to reduce it being so ugly is to fly at night

OK still no closer … it may sound strange but what main board have you got?

Asus strip b550f

All updated I take it?