Bing Maps Not Loading!

I’m on steam as well and having the same issue since today.
I don’t think it’s steam related.
And by the way how quiet the forums are it seems like only few having this issue.

I’ve started to see more forums pop up regarding this problem let’s just hope the developers see it and fix the issue.

How is a formal bug / issue notified to devs? Bit hard if we are relying on someone by chance to read the forums

We don’t have much of an option, however you could try contacting their support team, but they’ll most likely just respond with a generic response that doesn’t even address the issues. Side note the issue just got fixed on my end but it will mostly likely reverted back the next day.

Did it come right by itself or did you do something to fix ?

Yes, unfortunately I have not had a good experience with the developers or support in the past.
If everyone worked like this, we would still be in the caves.
What has helped with me, log in to msfs and restart.

1 Like

The game just fixed itself but I’ll mostly likely be back the next day with the same issue it did this yesterday as well weirdly enough.

I doubt the problem fixed itself … Steam have obviously replaced or reset a broken server or two.

Mine came right last night, hadn’t tried it since morning, no settings changed, pc was running all day no restart. Loaded game up at 10pm last night and all was working, was to tired to play though.

That’s strange, my mine returned as well late last night and has been operating since then. I’m not going to be overly enthusiastic, because that’s what occurred the last time, and it reverted to no satellite data.

Problem solved last night by itself!

Yes likewise, been good all day touch wood

This just started happening for me yesterday out of the blue. Long loads & CTD when starting a flight with online services enabled. I clean re-installed MSFS and now I’m getting the exact same behaviour with Bing maps as shown here. World map quality is trash, and in flight - nearby scenery becomes the default trash tiles, but I’m getting the bing data further away from the plane/camera.

Speak to your ISP

ISP seems unlikely… Speeds are blazing, I’m getting Bing data which is being applied at distance, but it’s clearly not rendering where and when it should - and also observing a bunch of others globally exhibiting the same behaviour.

Oh Ok then. Good luck.

I just thought they might get more of a reaction out of Steam.

1 Like

Yes this is still an issue with hundreds of new posts in the last 24 hours of users complaining about it. There is nothing the user can do to fix it. It has nothing to do with user internet or in game settings. It solely sits with MS to rectify this and they have been completely silent on the issue. They couldn’t give two f**ks about their customers clearly.

1 Like

getting the same thing here i think its a server issue

Seems to be the same problem:

Still horrible scenery here for me.
This sim is so unreliable.

1 Like