Black Instrument Panels

Hi Everyone,

I am Kashif. New in MSFS. Installed the SIM around 4 months back and arranged Thrustmaster Sidestick and TCA controls to get a real feeling. For a month now, all my flights show a completely black panel from start. I have gone through multiple related topics in this forum and applied each of the following remedies but no luck.

• Start in Admin mode
  • Disable Firewall
  • Empty Community folder (also checked for hidden folders and files)
  • Delete WorkingTitle …G1000 and G3000 folders from Official/OneStore folder
  • Delete All 5 WorkingTitle folders (they come back after the next run as mandatory updates)
  • Uninstall and reinstall SIM (I used my backup Official folder to save download time)
  • Install FlyByWire A32NX as described in one of the videos on Youtube

I have spend so much time to resolve this and now writing to you for help.

Many thanks
Kashif

Do you get these black screens in an Asobo default plane? Inevitably someone will ask you if you have removed all your Community addons, and re-tested with comparable default planes. It’s important to distinguish what is causing your issue: the core sim, or addons to the sim.

1 Like

Also, try with the controllers unplugged, and see if the displays work.
If it does, restart the sim with only one controller, and see if that works.
It could be a controller causing this.

2 Likes

The panels are blank in every flight. Be it a training module with Cessna 152 with limited digital strips, 172 and other with Garmin panels, Airbus 320Neo, Boeing etc. Also in flights using World Map, using airliners and other planes.

1 Like

The above pictures shows Cessna 152, Cessna 172S and Airbus 320Neo panels.

And I now also have unplugged both Thrustmaster Sidestick and Throttle Quadrant controllers and restarted the SIM but no change. Still the panels are black.

1 Like

I’ve never seen or even heard of this before, so don’t know what else to suggest. Just out of interest, what happens if you pop out one of the G1000 display. I think you ALT click on it, and it will appear in its own window, which you can either leave attached to the sim, or move it away on to a second monitor, if you have one.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. I didn’t think there was a possibility to pop out Windows like this. But unfortunately the result is same. Thanks for teaching a new technique though.

1 Like

Hi @Kashifs9418

we mailed already together, but think we should write about ideas more public :slight_smile:

A similar old topic you already found:

I think the only possible issue which is not covered from your tries are corrupt files on harddisc ( you used the backup and so you get the possible same corrupt files ).

Otherwise I’am bit lack of ideas at the moment… may be the FlyByWire-Addon, but not sure.

edit:
may be there is one point I remember which was mentioned as relevant for the flybywire ( I dont find the topic at these moment ) : the UTF-8 support. You can check in windows control panel → time & region - > region → admin options → change system locale → then choose “Beta: Use UTF-8 for …”.

1 Like

Thanks. Ticked Beta Use UTF-8 checkbox and restarted the machine and SIM but same result.

Is there a way to pinpoint those corrupted files or folders. I have deleted multiple times the WorkingTitle folders. They come back at the next startup as part of mandatory update.

Dear Colleagues,

Finally got a solution after lots of hit & trial. The black panels came back after deleting all “Asobo-vcockpit-…” folders. It included many instruments related folders and one like Asobo-vcockpit-system… Restarted the SIM, let it download the mandatory content again and it worked.

I had prior deleted all a320 and b747 folders as well but it didn’t make any difference. Can’t pin point a particular instrument folder which made the real difference since I didn’t delete these folders one by one.

Many thanks to all those who participated and tried to resolve this issue for me.

Kashif

2 Likes