Black Square King Air Analog - Doable with single throttle quadrant?

I bought the Black Square Caravan this weekend, and love it. I have a Boeing TM Throttle quadrant, and I’m using the three available levers for throttle, prop, fuel condition lever (or mixture if a non-turboprop).

I’m wondering if it’s practically doable to be able to effectively fly the twin-engine Black Square King Air without doubling up my levers? Since it’s so realistic, guessing it’ll be a pain for engine start, etc., with only one set. If not, options are to get another quad (though running out of desk space), or forego this and get the B.S. Bonanza instead.

I use a T-flight thrustmaster stick with just a slider for both throttle, I have no issue when it come to start the engine since the start processus doesn’t really require to adjust the fuel flow and it start very easily.

I confess both propeller and throttle are always sync on my end, and if I m facing an engine faillure I may not be able to properly decrease one engine without using my mouse and once I set it in idle it may be force up by my throttle axis position

This does not detract from the pleasure I can have with this plane.

1 Like

Thank you for your post!
Your topic has been moved to the “Aviate, Navigate, Communicate” subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support.
This is a sub-category meant for simmers to discuss, ask or answer any questions related to avionics, sim physics, aircraft systems, ATC, NAVAIDs, flight planning, and Live and AI Offline Traffic.
This space is open for both 1st party (base sim) content as well as 3rd party content.

The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.
1 Like

Thanks, good to know! I don’t (yet) try to do failure modes, so not too worried about having to have separate throttles…hopefully I don’t need to do any tight taxi turns that might require it.

It was mainly engine start procedures that I was wondering about. I’d be curious if the Baron (normally aspirated twin-engine) would also be an issue. But that’s for another day.

Now that I think of it, my Boeing TM Yoke has two small sliders below the yoke…I guess I could use those for the King Air. That gives me five controls out of six needed. Can probably combine the Feather into one control, and have Throttles and Fuel Condition Levers as L/R.

fuel condition lever is actually just a three postion lever “cut off” position “low idle” most of time used, and for rare occasion (I never use it) the idle high position.
if you read the King Air dedicated thread you will realise that binding the condition lever gave few headache to users
so imo it s better/more efficient to set this on keys

Awesome, thanks for the link to the uber-thread! Will bookmark it.