Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - Cessna 208B Caravan

There is a beta package from PMS here:
https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/aircrafts/pms50-gtn750wtt-aircraft-bksq-caravan.zip

1 Like

Fabio is actually flying it also Twitch

Thanks!!!

Mods, could we please separate the Analog Caravan thread from the King Air?

11 Likes

Anybody have recent news on the King Air progress / dev updates / anything?

Last I found was something on another forum from mid-September.

:rofl: still smashing the refresh button on JustFlight’s King Air mod page…

3 Likes

From what was told here. They will first release the caravan update and thennnnnn the king air.

So far nothing.

We plan to release the Caravan update tomorrow and if all is well then we’ll get the King Air released later this week. That’s not guaranteed but is the current plan. Thanks for your patience with this, the final knockings have taken longer than we’d expected but all for good reasons. Rgds.

22 Likes

Thanks for the update!! (I still am going to keep smashing refresh just in case :rofl: )

Can’t wait to take this up in VR! I have been refreshing my King Air skills with a very good C90 mod for… a different simulator… in anticipation :rofl:

Thanks again. Looks amazing!

Here’s another one, with an actual King Air pilot present ( as well as a MEI with turboprop time ).

1 Like

Got my credit card ready…

Sorry if it’s mentioned - what will be in the update? Sounds? A copilot? I love this plane but flying alone in silence is kinda sad.

2nd this - These planes should definitely be covered by separate threads.

2 Likes

Just fixes I imagine :thinking:

Looks like Analog Caravan v1.2 is up on the Just Flight site. I didn’t get any notification. I just happened to check.

2 Likes

No changelog for 0.1.2 on JustFlight website. Can someone check installation folder if there’s anything in there?

When I go to my orders, it shows me " v0.1.2 Install_BKSQ_Caravan_MSFS_0.1.2.exe 2022-10-05" so I guess they’ve rolled it out!

1 Like

The changelog is now live on the support section of our site. Here’s the link.

5 Likes

v0.1.2

New Features

• CUSTOM SOUNDS & AURAL WARNINGS ADDED: A method by which to add custom sounds outside of the default WWISE package and retain all functionality in the default aircraft has been devised and implemented. This adds the iconic annunciator testing tones comprising the fire warning siren, and fuel selector off warning. Custom sounds have been added to the environmental control system to better represent the operation of fans, their speed, and the air conditioning compressor. Small ambient sounds have been added to better create the illusion of analog systems, such as relay/contactor clunks, and warning sound chirps when power is applied to their circuit. Lastly, oxygen system sounds have been added. For more information on the operation of these alert systems, see the “Audible Warning Tones” section of this manual.

• Added support for WTT Autopilot Mod, and WTT KAP140 implementation. A separate package is required to use WTT mode, available at pms50.com/msfs/. This mode limits radio equipment selection to the PMS50 GTN-750 GPS, which is a limitation of the WTT Autopilot System.

• New aerodynamics and engine performance tweaks from JayDee. Updated fuel flow, turbine torque tables, SU10 ground handling parameters, and global constant adjustments. High altitude performance is also improved by virtue of torque bloom bug fix (see below).

• Radio background materials. Unlit digits and segments are now visible when equipment is off, and vary in appearance with viewing angle. Individual electrical traces are also visible.

• New custom implementation of the KX155B. Now supports changing frequency spacing (25 kHz for US, and 8.33 kHz for Europe) by pressing the COM volume knob, and active NAV frequency tuning by pulling the inner NAV radio tuning knob. Also displays a “T” symbol when transmitting on the appropriate COM radio. The display is also more crisp, uses a superior 7-segment display font, and the background glows with digit intensity.

• New custom implementation of the KR87. The correct font is now used for annunciator text, and placement is more accurate. The text is larger, easier to read, matches the size of other custom 7-segment displays in the aircraft, and the font now has the correct aspect ratio. The display is also more crisp, uses a superior 7-segment display font, and the background glows with digit intensity.

• Inertial separator actually reduces torque when applied and functions as engine anti-icing.

• Added more easily accessible L:Vars in AnalogCaravan.xml for cockpit builders and 3rd party product integration.

Bug Fixes:

• RANDOM GEOGRAPHICALLY SPECIFIC CRASH TO DESKTOP (CTD) FIXED: Special thanks to forum user Nicotine70 for volunteering the countless hours required to isolate this bug. A note to other developers: Apparently, MSFS does not play well with the Simulation Variable “WINDSHIELD WIND VELOCITY”. Although it is documented in the SDK, it is not used anywhere in the vanilla codebase. There are several suitable alternatives for this value, such as “RELATIVE WIND VELOCITY BODY Z”.

Torque bloom calculations were causing artificially limited torque at high dynamic pressures. This is now fixed, and has improved fuel flow and climb rate at high altitudes.

• Improved Ng calculation to reduce startup lag.

• Fixed possible CTD with the new failure system when over ten failures were active at once. This is unrelated to CTD’s experienced with any aircraft while running Sim Update 10 Beta, or the “WINDSHIELD WIND VELOCITY” bug noted above.

• Exterior camera HUD correctly displays engine power setting and flap setting degrees.

• Improved variable choices for more accurate access to underlying free turbine simulation.

• GNS and GTN volume knobs now turn GPS power on and off.

• Fixed incorrect ITT variable for cockpit builders (L:BKSQ_CARAVAN_ITT).

• Fuel Flow adjusted and in-cockpit gauge now shows correct value.

• Improved Ng calculation again. Now includes secondary injectors on startup, and scales more accurately at low idle.

• Higher quality grunge texture (scratches & fingerprints) on windshield.

• Improved font and spacing on KDI572 DME unit.

• Fixed photocell texture on all avionics bezels.

• Added missing button press sounds to navigation source select buttons.

• Added missing sounds for radio knob pulling/pushing.

• Added missing sound and animation for GTN 750 push buttons.

• Manual updated with all new features.

6 Likes

The variables they used for ground handling aren’t a million miles from what I added to test. Will check this out tonight.

Yes, just this morning.

1 Like