Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - Cessna 208B Caravan

You might be able to clear that via the weather radar.

1 Like

I’ll try that although damage would be interesting as I’m just starting the engine, not too much torque. Read somewhere that could be the cause.

Is that it’s first flight?

Never over-torque the engine … too much torque causes damages … you can reset engine health in weather radar.

3 Likes

did the price for the Kingair mod increased to 38.99 $ ?
i get the PMDG 736 for 35, sorry.

No, I got this warning during a flight where I guess I used too much torque. That was a few flights ago. Is this kept in memory?

Exactly. I’m very careful not to over-torque. Got the annunciator warning a few time and after that I always make sure torque does not exceed the red line. I can usually keep engine health at 100% or very close.

Yes because of state saving. I usually check the engine health at the start of a flight.

It seems expensive at first glance. But since I got the C208B version, I don’t fly anything else. It’s a completely different aircraft. I have to state that it`s awesome!

Some purchases are worthwhile, some are not. But we usually only know that afterwards.

7 Likes

Getting to learn more each day, very nice. Thank you.

1 Like

Apparently, there’s going to be a discount for C208 owners. Given the long wait we’ve had to endure, I feel like 50% off would be a very good number :blush:

1 Like

It’ll be 25% I reckon. They did that with the Warrior when that was released.

Obviously it may not be, so I could be wrong.

1 Like

Arrow IV had 66% discount after you purchased Arrow III, but they’re much more similar planes than C208 and King Air are.

After a slightly longer flight (45 min. or more), my fps goes way down on approach and at the destination airport. Has anyone else had this experience?

However, great aircraft!

It’s a great plane love having the gauges so much better! Only thing I’ve had issues with is the CTD’s on approach, hoping the update is out very soon to sort this out :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Same here, I have been flying the Grand Caravan steam overhaul constantly through the mountains and valleys of Alaska and now Canada. That was money well spent.

I really hope this is true and it’s significant. I’m probably going to want the King Air overhaul, but not as much as I wanted the C208B overhaul, and the $9 increase feels a bit steep.

2 Likes

Same here, I have been flying the Grand Caravan steam overhaul constantly through the mountains and valleys of Alaska and now Canada. That was money well spent.

same, can’t wait to see amphibian mod to show up

After a slightly longer flight (45 min. or more), my fps goes way down on approach and at the destination airport. Has anyone else had this experience?
However, great aircraft!

yeah no had those behaviors in su9
a thought is may be cause of nanovg ON and su10 , I was on way to test with it off

EDIT : nanovg off still had micro freeze before landing, turnin power saving in experimental option off , I did not experienced thoses freez anymore

Ready for our weekly update :grin:

2 Likes
6 Likes

Anyone know if there is a plan to bring WTT to the PMS50 GTN750 for the analog caravan?