Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i

do they have sales sometimes or that price will always be that?

patch is very forthcoming soon don’t worry

3 Likes

well I can’t say how exactly will be the futur of the pricing, maybe, like for the KingAir, where they (JF) offered a discount for previous caravan customers, probably we will see the same kind of discount.

Aswel a bundle or something similar may be an option

for classic sale period, JF always do discounts on a wide range of product, I don’t see why BS would not be includ

2 Likes

Yes! Absolutely!

Because there’s no challenge in flying IFR with a glass cockpit. Manually flown non precision approaches, with an analogue cockpit, requires a different level of proficiency entirely.

Also,10 years ago I was flying this IRL, and I love that I get to do it again.

16 Likes

Off topic, about the A36 :shushing_face:

Hi NiKo,
Have you got any inside information regarding the KA update now as the Caravan update has been out?
Thanks,
Roland

Sorry I don’t have more info than what has been posted 2 day ago !

if it s not today I guess it will be early the next week…
I m looking forward too, I have no issue with the actual version, but I m just hyped by getting the new degradation in my KA too, aswell I m entousiast to see how the engine & new wind sound from the cockpit, sound like we will have engines sound increased when window is open

“A method has been created to add engine and wind sounds to the cockpit when doors and windows are open for Steam Gauge Overhaul aircraft. The Analog Caravan was only in need of wind noise, but engine sounds have been added to the Analog King Air, and future Steam Gauge Overhaul aircraft.”.

1 Like

Interesting…I wonder what effects they’ve added!

Thank you NiKo
BTW should your lights for the Asobo 350 also work for the Black Square King Air?

sorry I m not “Nicottine” from fligtsim .to if that was your thought, best way is to try it, right now I can’t tell you, haven’t try it.

maybe you can ask in the mod comment section or nicottine’s discord (link !!!)

took a look at, maybe by doing your own mod with the blacksquare system.cfg (where I guess only the “[LIGHTS]” part need to be replaced by the one from the moded Asobo b350 ) and folder architecture coherent to the BS aircraft should do the trick, as I said above, try his discord to ask him directly :wink:

Where could I find a Little Navmap aircraft performance file?

LNM has one for the Asobo version, and I realize it most likely doesn’t apply exactly to the analog King Air, but even worse: It seems to list a completely wrong cruise speed of 176 instead of the 244 the game shows.

I can’t remember - is LNM showing indicated or true airspeed? And have you plugged in the cruise altitude?

I see and sorry for the confusion. Will try as suggested, thank you.

True airspeed at “normal” cruise altitude

Hmm, yeah that’s way off. Is it changing as you change altitude?

2 Questions:

1. How do you get state saving to work? Each time I exit I come back and some state is saved, but not the way I left it.

2. Any way to get rid of the excessive creaking noise when turning? It is not very realistic.

1 Like

Haven’t flown it in a while. I was wondering what people report. Also, while Asobo lists 244 cruise speed, IRL the King Air is at about 310 AFAIK, but did Black Square adjust that?

There is a difference between Indicated Air Speed and True Air Speed. With increasing altitude TAS becomes larger and larger compared to IAS. This is due to how the speed is measured.

1 Like

Looking forward to what the update brings. A GTX327 to go with the GNS530 would be welcome!