Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i

How would they be able to modify another developer’s product? They would have to get permission from the C90 developer and access to their files.

There’s also an update to the Kodiak and release of the Floatiak tonight. It’s like an early Christmas!

3 Likes

If only we could have an analogue Kodiak… I
know it didn’t come with steam gauges but id still buy one!

1 Like

totally agree, waiting for official launch, to share my screenshots and opinion about this plane, it is awful
anyways that make like 2 weeks I m not sleeping that much :stuck_out_tongue:

it has been another short night

screenshot from beta preview

It is available now!

1 Like

It is. But I don’t see a discount, even though I’ve got the Caravan. And I didn’t get an email from Just Flight.

I received a discount code, was yesterday ,check again , maybe in the junk mail subfolder

Yeah, my discount came in yesterday’s email. Not the release email they just sent.

Mail was yesterday, sent to all who purchased the Caravan from us. Check all mail folders…

1 Like

I got an ultra-quick response from Just Flight support and got a replacement discount code. With some rewards points in addition the total price was US$27.65.

1 Like

That’s quite a hefty price for a steam gauge overhaul. I read the description but unfortunately in today’s world that can mean a lot or nothing at all… With you guys’ experience from the Caravan (I don’t have it but I’m quite a fan of the larger King Airs) what does this addon actually do? Is it really such a difference to justify that price?

2 Likes

Possibly the best value for money in a very long time.

4 Likes

There’s a lot of information in this thread: Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air and Caravan - #951 by PluckyUnderdog

I’ve used the Caravan extensively since release and highly recommend it. Apart from the exterior (which is stock), it’s basically a whole new aircraft. The systems depth is excellent, it’s got state saving, engine damage, failures… The Caravan has been my favourite aircraft for a long time now.

I haven’t had a chance to test the King Air yet, but I expect it to be of the same excellent quality. Absolutely worth the price if you ask me.

5 Likes

Maybe overstating it :grinning: but let’s say I’ve paid more money in the past for far inferior products.

5 Likes

here we go ! what a beast !

love it for his high capacity and doble engine giving him so much power
with those gauge… become so easy to scan engine stats, and this vintage interior hmmmmmm :star_struck:
make this plane a must have in my FSeconomy fleet !

what is the down side ? at the moment maybe an expanded mode able to get rid off this camera invisible wall, making it a kinda claustrophobic (yeah this his part of exterior model which was not allowed to be edited in a payware ).
I tried to import the model in blender, infortunatly l m such a big noob regarding this app so it’s not for tomorow but for sure someone ll take advance on me and be able to edit the following “DRONE_COLLISION_IN” shape

8 Likes

Bout time!

5 Likes

yeah, that’s basically my fear :sweat_smile:

I have no words… She is beautiful…

Only had time to go from cold-dark to startup and ready to taxi… work shall get in the way the rest of the day, unfortunately. But seriously, this is a work of art. Thanks so much to the developers and testers who made this possible. Immediately is the best non-tubeliner aircraft for MSFS and I’m not sure it will lose that title any time soon or ever.

I can’t wait to get a few hours to fly in VR. :rofl: Maybe I’ll just take the rest of the day off…

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Nice job, devs! I’m glad the prop stays feathered even after moving the prop levers after shutdown!

3 Likes

Hows the flight model compared to stock KA?

1 Like