Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i

I left it there for 15 minutes after starting the 350 up as I said in my original post and none of the buttons for it work plus no radios lit up even though they are switched on. That’s normal behavior?

Anybody have a good B350 SimBrief profile they are using? Please? :rofl: I see some for the AFL one for xplane, but wondering if there is one that works best with this aircraft.
Thanks!!

Aaaaand I am dumb. There is one in the SimBrief list for a B350. I shall try that one first.
But if there is a custom one you like, do let me know :rofl:

hmmm 15 minute maybe not :woozy_face: my bad did not see your intial post …probably you right , if not suficient energy is provided avionics will don’t boot as intended and will remains on this screen, on normal flight with bus tie set on “triple fed”, inverter & generator ON , does it work fine ?

I just did a re-install and that seems to have solved the problem for anyone with the same issue.

2 Likes

Off topic – Your clear glass mod is great. I was wondering, though, if it’s possible to have the scratches but at a much higher definition than the pixelated scratches we have by default.

Theoretically it would be possible, if one would get his hands on an higher resolution sample. Just upscaling from 1 to 2 or 4 k doesn´t really increase the quality.

Some turbo prop planes have high idle in then landing checklist to ensure a quick spool up in the case of a go-around.

the default simbrief one is trash. the AFL one would probably be more accurate.

Just got your glass mod. But still the same low-res scratched glass. I must have done something wrong…

There are some pretty impressive AI “machine learning” driven upscalers in Photoshop nowadays I think? I used a 3rd party plugin some decades ago and it was already good then (for around x2) so I imagine much better options now?

Does anyone know an easier way to have custom liveries work with the King Air Black Square? Also, what about custom camera wing-views in the back? I can’t get there even with a custom view mod because it is exclusively for the default KA.

The new King Air is not in the glass mod. I will do that on the weekend.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t the old scrapheap of a B200 I did my training in, but it get’s met all warm and fuzzy.
Thanks dev dudes! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Anyone know how to get rid of the default callsign numbers on the converted liveries? I’ve tried setting atc_id_enable to both 0 and 1 but neither seems to do the trick.

I have followed the livery tutorial a few times and I cannot get the liveries to show. It still shows the default livery no matter what I do. Has anyone had success with this?

I’ll see if I can make a video tutorial at some point explaining the process more clearly since the manual is not great, but what the manual doesn’t explain is that when you’re putting in the information for the texture.cfg file, on the fallback.2 you need to make sure the part that says Asobo_KingAir350 matches the name that the folder within simobjects/airplanes of the original livery had.

For example, for the livery N360K, in the livery’s folder, within Simobjects>Airplanes, the folder’s name is “Asobo_King Air-N360K” also, the folder that contains the texture is called TEXTURE.N360K. What you need to do to make sure the fallback is pointing to the right folder is make sure that the path to it is correct, so in this case the fallback.2 would be

fallback.2=…..\ Asobo_King Air-N360K \TEXTURE.N360K

This is what you need to put in the texture.cfg file

Would be so much easier if they provided a download with two livery folders, one for the default and one with the analog reference version.

Awesome. I will give this a try! I figured it had something to do with this. I wasn’t getting errors, but it was just showing the default livery.

EDIT: Can confirm the above tip by @Ungeneer has solved my issue. Thank you. This would make a great update to the user manual for the product.

2 Likes

Found the solution to this. What you need to do is to add a panel folder that specifies the size of the tail number text is 0. The livery you downloaded probably already has this, so just copy the PANEL.yourlivery folder over from the original livery to your conversion’s folders, and specify in the aircraft.cfg what this PANEL. folder is called. Don’t forget to run the layout.json file through the generator again so that your plane will show up in game.

2 Likes

How do you enable cabin views?