Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i

the vertical guidance that is provided when you have a working title gps , or tds installed are specifics logics ,

if you don’t have one of those package, the vertical guidance you have will be the one provided by msfs (saobo) by default in the stock version of the simulator …and this one is very bad quality

Ah, I see. I am using the TDS GTNXi.

1 Like

so are you sure you don’t go exceed the GS track speed (above a certain speed, the vertical guidance stop tracking, I m not sure I thought it s 120knot for the caravan for exemple) like if you are off of 3° of the signal the AP will stop tracking

I think not but I will do some dedicated tests. Is it normal behaviour that the glidepath tracking silently stops? I mean GS is still illuminated, the aircraft just starts to drift off slowly. Thanks already anyway!

1 Like

Gotcha, I guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for that. I’m using the TDS package as well. Have had good luck with it historically, but I’ve not used it in any really high winds/gusts though.

I cycled the aircraft, disconnected my controller, cleaned out my community folder and started on the runway rather than cold and dark…I thought all was good but just as I turned on my approach, after an hour flight, my right engine crapped out. The weird thing is that the system status indicated both engine conditions as 100%. I am not sure what to do next other than to turn the plane over to the maintenance people and get a new plane out of the hangar. Maybe the Bonanza! Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

2 Likes

My be you can bring me back on the right line:

When starting directly at a runway with an updated KA 350i and PMS50 GTN750 system i noticed that in 3 out of 5 cases the King Air does not follow the flight plan (inserted directly at the GT750) after pressing AP, NAV and CLB at about 1500 feet alt. Trying to do a Direct to or activating a SID way point or activating a leg does not bring it back to the flight plan and using AP and HDG does not resolve the issue.

Is there a need to first enable and then disable the AP before starting the departure?
Thanks for your thoughts

are you sure the gps isn’t in vloc (or nav) mode ?

1 Like

Thanks for your response but the GPS mode is selected.

does your package are up to date ( ver 2.1.74 ) ? pms50.com

do you have any gtn750 WTT logic installed ?

be sure other avionics you have installed are up to date , best way to troubleshoot is to get a video I guess,

packages are up to date (GTN750 and GTN750 WTT). video should follow later today or tomorrow.

Whats about " … Is there a need to first enable and then disable the AP before starting the departure…"?

the only need to turn on / off the ap on ground it s in the checklist to see if the AP work properly while tracking the direction and not doing the reverse of what is expected

but in the sim,I guess not, there is no real need to enable & disable the AP, once you are airborn, you can turn it ON
where did you saw that ?

be sure you didn’t missed a update for the GTN750 WTT

they published 2 updates in a row

well my info are already outdated :sweat_smile: posted 5 min ago :

my fault, actually it´s mentioned in the check list but as you said it´s just for testing it to work properly.
Just realized too, that there is a v1.08 of the wtt package. My observations was using v1.04

for those who preferred the initial panel :

2 Likes

Quick question, did previous customers who already own the King Air get a discount for the newly released Bonanza? Would love to know that.

I´ve bought all 3 aircraft from Justflight, there was no discount for Caravan and King Air owners. But there is a 25% discount for the upcoming Baron if you buy the Bonanza.

1 Like

Interesting, I had the condition lever on the right engine roll back in two back to back flights the other day. I chalked it up to being careless with my mouse. I wonder if there’s a binding change somewhere. I’m on the newest update and never had this happen before. The engines were at 100% per the failure screen until I blew up one trying to restart!

I have been having problems losing fuel pressure on the right engine on multiple back to back flights and not being able to recover. The engines were always at 100% even as the right engine was failing. I use the logitech throttle so I have never noticed if the right condition lever had rolled back. I need to check to see if this is what my problem is…Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Just bought it and i must admit this is one of my best buy since a long time.I’ve made though some modifications to fonts used and details .Time consuming but worth the effort to reflect some true to life details especially in Collins gauges or cocpit labels.(Altimeter,Alt Selector,HSI, VOR, ADF, Cabin Press, Radio Alt…).If developpers are interested I can send them the files .However for copyrights reasons, i’m not sure to be allowed to distribute them publically on Internet.Hope you’ll appreciate !

Capture d’écran 2023-03-12 134935 - Copie

Capture d’écran 2023-03-12 140015

4 Likes