Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i

Not wishing to revisit this at all (life’s too short after all :slightly_smiling_face:) but just to say thanks for the comments you made and in a very polite and empathetic manner too.

Like you I think that it is important that help is there for all of us in this forum even if sometimes the point being raised might seem a bit stupid to someone else in the forum :joy:

As an update, it would seem that some other simers in discord and another forum are having the same problem as I was (am) getting a flight plan to appear in the GNS 530 from a cold and dark state. This too in spite of following the advice in the manual, updating mods, uninstalling/reinstalling WT and KA mod, deleting cache etc etc. It was working okay before the update (I have about 20 hours at least in the KA) so I will be raising a ticket with JF about this potential issue. It could be something that I am doing wrong even after 20 hours or so with the mod (who knows?) but it begs the question 'why was it working okay before?).

Thankfully the PMS 750 works great so not a big problem tbh just a bit frustrating. Apart from this the update is fantastic for me and BS seems to have done a great job.

Anyway, thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Another modification to reflect correct Collins digits (in particular “number 7” digit):
Capture d'écran 2023-03-15 001828
If i get in touch with developpers and they agree to integrate them, perhaps those modifications will be available for you also…otherwise they will stay in my personnal Beechcraft only :smiley: .

did you contact the JF support to ask them the dev mail in order to share your work & suggestions ?

Yes i proposed them to freely share my work with developpers but didn’t get any answer for now.If they are not interested, I will keep them for my pleasure.

That looks really good! Not sure why you couldn’t package this up and post on flightsim.to like every other mod out there. I hope you consider posting it!!!

I 'd like to be sure first and get in touch with developpers .I have not only modified dds textures but also the font file and some code in css file.I’ll keep you advised once JF developpers get in in touch with me.For now it’s as silent as space .Perhaps they are busy with the Baron :face_holding_back_tears:
Started to modify Radio Altimeter gauge face …still have to do some correction on the emissive dds file though… :wink:
Capture d’écran 2023-03-15 134424
…sorry this rendition is for the Bonanza but can be applied also to the King Air

A few years ago I used to fly a B200, and I’ve always wanted to replicate it in MSFS. As it was a 1984 model, upgraded with 530/430s, the Black Square version is a perfect fit. Here’s my attempt at recreating it, (although as a B350 version instead.)

Just wanted to show my thanks to the Black Square team.

10 Likes

I’ve done two flights tonight, and both times it’s been under the ILS glideslope on APP, NAV source selected. I could happily fly it down the G/S myself, the dash instrument was fine. PMS50 750 plus radio nav, no 530 ( and I only have the default 530 installed ). It’ll quite happily navigate itself on VORs if I ask it to. This is, as people have said, apparently a new thing.

My 530 won’t turn on although it works in other aircraft and the Bendix stays stuck on first screen. 750 is working but AP won’t follow the Flight Plan.Is there something else I need to download?

1 Like

Go to the psm50 page, click on compatible aircraft and than you will find the in cockpit wtt mode gtn750 add on (version 1.08) for the king air air move it to your community folder.
When using a direct to, does the king air use this waypoint and follow the flightplan later?
Take a look at Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i - #1841 by NiKoTin3420

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

Great! :grinning: Just need someone to update it graphically now… Just such a great interior let down when I look out over the wing at the rivets and prop cone. Hopefully Asobo will one day improve it :crossed_fingers:

There is a fuel pressure gauge? I had no idea… where is it?

On the glareshield annunciator panel there is L FUEL PRES and R FUEL PRES.

Is anyone with the PMS50 GTN750 having problems with it initialising? if I hotstart I have to cycle the avionics to a different config & back, or it won’t start up. I have had it do that in a cold start too. Got the latest one installed & this is also new since update…

I had to get all the supplementary downloads from the PMS50 web site to get it to work.

of course… but no gauge.

Yes, I had issues right after the lateest GT750 and WTT updates. Screen was black and the Weather Radar would not work. I reinstalled the older version and filed the issue on PMS50 discord.
But i later reinstalled the latest version a second time and it all works now. Not sure what was going on.

The weather radar works fine for me, the 750 just won’t switch on without a dance. I’ve had complete instrument crashes in the past with everything white-screening, but that’s also happened in other aircraft & it’s not what’s going on now.

Seems it’s only the native support that’s doing it, if I use the extra WTT version the 750 initialises without extra effort.

Edit: using the 750+WTT … module? rather than inbuilt support has also fixed ILS G/S tracking, even without any marketplace WTT equipment downloaded.

1 Like

I use the TDS version and I have problems sometimes too. It sometimes flickers or just stay completely dark.