Blackbox BN2 Islander Version 2.0 PC & Xbox Released in Marketplace

It does have the guague, I had gotten slack with this not being well simulated in other planes and “getting away with it” and not realizing this was my issue until encountering properly in this well designed aircraft, very informative, always learning, thank you

4 Likes

I’ve had a couple of flights where I had to just barely crack open the carb heat levers to put the needles just above the ice range. It may not be realistic, but it keeps me in the air!

1 Like

Yeah carb ice is one of those things that doesn’t really make sense. Glad to share.

Makes perfect sense :slight_smile:
Check the gauges… If the needles are In / Approaching Yellow band … Turn the heaters on LOL

2 Likes

Yeah I was more referring to carb ice when it’s 90 degrees out. I can understand people not thinking about it. As a RW pilot (single engine) I am ALWAYS thinking about it.

2 Likes

Thank you Graham for spending some time with me. I take note of your answer and your advice.

Regarding point 1, I understand why I could not locate these elements.
Is it utopian to ask BBS for a small update to remove these footboards ?
This little detail is boring, the majority of Islanders don’t have it and you forgot to represent the footboard on the right side.
We therefore have a model that is not representative.

Regarding point 2, your advice corresponds to the way I worked.
In the Community folder I added two texture folders, one for the rounded nose texture and one for the pointed nose texture.
In each folder I added the “.COMP” files: BBS_BN2-EX1_COMP.PNG and BBS_BN2-WING_COMP.PNG with their corresponding “comp.json” files.
For each texture folder I generated a “layout.json” file.
NB: as the rounded nose texture works correctly, I copied and pasted its “.COMP” files in the pointed nose texture folder.
SO, I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY WITH IDENTICAL FILES IN BOTH TEXTURED FOLDERS, I GET DIFFERENT RESULTS!

I tried according to your suggestion to use (copy and paste) the “.COMP” files from the AFM folder in my pointed nose texture folder.
But the result is always a wing with a shiny finish.
Strangely enough, if I copy and paste the “.COMP” files from the AFM folder into my rounded nose texture folder, the wing does indeed have a matte finish!
Here is the result I get by copying and pasting this BBS_BN2-WING_COMP.PNG file from the BBS AFM folder into my textures folders.
Why do we have different finishes with the same file? Where did I make a mistake?

well therein lies the difference with Simpilot and RW Pilot ( Thinking ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry this is not going to be helpful but your asking me why Asobo System fails to work as advertised ?

Welcome to my world my friend ! LOL

1 Like

Hi,

A fellow repainter here, can you send me your current files/setup?
Can look if i can make any sense of it.

Marcel

2 Likes

Always looking the bright side of life … !

1 Like

Thank you so much Marcel.
I contact you via email on your SOH account.
Richard

Graham,
After additional tests with the other models and despite the “.COMP” files adapted for a matt finish, the problem of glossy finish on the wings also appears on the Cargo model.
I contact the BBS support service again, this time hoping to get an answer.
BN2A does work
BN2B does not work
BN2A-CARGO does not work
BN2B-CARGO doest not work
BN2-LN does work
BN2-LN2 does work
BN2A-Mar does work
BN2A-MIL does work
BN2-LN2 does work
Richard

1 Like

What sort of answer are you looking for ? :slight_smile:
Im afraid it is stuck as it is… the Models cannot be edited at this stage

Seriously I can only suggest sticking to the gloss finish unless you chose a Military Airframe Sorry :frowning:

The brevity of your answers does not help me to understand this problem of texture.
I am aware that this Forum is not a support service and I therefore do not expect a detailed answer from you. I appreciate that you took the time to take an interest in my message.
I have no development knowledge. When you write “…you asking me why Asobo System fails to work as advertised”.
What is Asobo doing in this texture problem. Black Box Simulation is indeed the developer, creator, owner of the model. According to this answer I concluded that even BBS would be unable to achieve a matte texture for the BN2B “Pointed nose” model. For my part, I naively thought that your team could review the models that are causing problems.
I’m not here to disparage or criticize BBS products, I really like the BN2.
I’m proud of my repaints and would love to be able to share them with the community but I’m sad to be stuck with this texture issue.
I hope that your support service will have the courtesy to answer me and help me better understand what is not working. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

sorry to repeat myself but …

1 Like

Just got to fly the most recent update. Amazing! The flaps no longer give the big pitch up, but that has not meant a big reduction in drag. So now it’s very smooth in applying the flaps, the plane is easy to slow down, feels very stable in slow flight. Just awesome! This is the Islander I’ve been waiting for.

4 Likes

Yesterday was the first day my Islander found the way up in the clouds and so far I can say I am very happy with it. Great to fly and good details in and on the plane. Will do some island hopping the next days.

2 Likes

I uploaded some more paint job via Flightsim.to.

17 Likes

Done suppose any chance of submitting to the market store as a pack?

I consider that the Market store is intended for professionals and business.
Repaints are for me a purely free hobby that brings me a lot of pleasure.
I prefer to work at my own pace and without constraints.

2 Likes