Bleriot XI for MSFS Released

Looks fantastic! I love early aircraft and this is one I was hoping someone would make.

Now I just have to wait until I can afford an Addon :neutral_face:

1 Like

I just downloaded it and admiring it in the hangar! One question, where can i find the operators manual for the aircraft and other such documents? Thank you in advance

Is this still fully functional since the update? I was thinking about purchasing it as it looks interesting.

There should be shortcuts in your start menu under “Wing42 Bleriot XI”. The documents can be found in the installation folder under: /community/wing42_bleriot_xi/documentation

So far, I haven’t seen or heard of any new issues.

1 Like

Just a heads up - your Bleriot installer is being detected as malware by Avast Anti-virus.

Thank you!

yep me too!

Made it across the channel in the RIP Edition! Overcast skies, dawn. I got totally disoriented and rotated several times in circles before finally seeing the cliffs of Dover break out of the fog after 50 minutes of flight! I touched down near the castle and promptly flipped the plane over :wink:

3 Likes

Just flown the Gnome version out of a small airfield in Switzerland, in light fog.
Appears to be unaffected by latest MSFS update.
Thoroughly enjoying flights in the Bleriot.
TG

3 Likes

Jeremy, is this a “buy”? :thinking: Ready to pull the trigger but wanting your input-

I know I’m not Jeremy but I recommend this 1000%. So much fun.

2 Likes

I still appreciate your feedback, BobbyFuzzy. :+1:t2:

ABSOLUTELY, 100% worth it, I think… It’s REALLY fun!

2 Likes

Never been called Jeremy, but I do recommend this aircraft.
It needs finesse - long takeoff run & ease the stick back & then ease it in the turns.
Nice floating feeling in the air.
TG

2 Likes

Thanks for all the love! I am happy you like our creation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank YOU. Thanks to the quality content creators like yourself, MSFS is a joy. I see some terrible stuff pop up lately and things like this show great promise for the future of this sim.

It’s easy to tell this is a labour of love. Lots of documentation included, the historical booklet, etc… No attention to detail has been spared. I really love having this old fying broomstick to challenge my skills and patience. :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, this is the Anzani equipped Old Rhinebeck version flying out of Old Rhinebeck, NY State.
The actual airfield is more undulating & the trees on either side are closer.
I started the take off roll & trundled along for about 1/2 an hour, [I exaggerate of course], but I was way down the runway when the tail slowly came up & then the Bleriot slowly eased off the ground & headed left. As I corrected, we then headed right & I regret to say I parked it in the trees.
However, it was an experience which I will repeat on a long flat airfield with the nearest trees way off in the distance. :smiley:
Marvelous machine.
Note in the engine close up shot the red ignition flame in the middle cylinder head.
A nice touch.
TG

Ready to roll.

Note the flame in the middle cylinder.

Correcting headed left.

Overcorrected, heading right. Trees ahead. Oops!

1 Like

I’ve just tried the ‘realistic-flight-model’ Anzani-powered version. Taking off was um, interesting, since it accelerates worse than it climbs: i.e. almost imperceptibly. Once in the air, lots of adverse yaw with the wing-warping, and no directional stability at all. Not really sure about the pitch response, since I was mostly concentrating on going vaguely forwards, rather than sideways. The engine cuts if you throttle back too far. A true aviator’s avion. Recommended. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

EDIT: The poor acceleration and climb may have been down to it being overweight - see my post below: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bleriot-xi-for-msfs-released/324728/45?u=thatajwguy

3 Likes

Guys- AVG anti-virus is blocking my setup.exe because it says it is infected with malware-has anyone else received this warning on installation?