Blinking clouds after patch 5

Me too, Max!! I posted as well

1 Like

Yep, I’m getting this too. I have a 7 series GPU (770) so maybe it’s something to do with the low memory or just the age of the card. Video too large to upload to forum so here is YT link.

Same problem here, 780ti card. Sure it’s old and I have to make lots of graphical compromises it did work fine prior to this patch. I can’t play at all now!

1 Like

Getting the same issue with a GTX 750. Updating to the latest drivers (457.09) did not help at all. Seems to be an issue with the GeForce 700 series only.

1 Like

I have same issue after update, with GTX 960M 4GB … hope they fix it soon, I can’t fly now except if I disabled volumetric atmosphere effects, but no clouds at all will be shown

Awesome work adding some issue details there Max.

A 750ti? That was an awesome card but, wow, I think you’ll like the upgrade when you get it :slight_smile:

Low VRAM is certainly a possible issue. I’m wondering if they textures are getting swapped in and out because of it.

It was working fine before latest update … GTX 960M 4GB

1 Like

That means nothing. There was an update and an update has changes.
And note that I didn’t say it was or was not a bug. I simply said that’s what it looks like.

All reports about this issue seem to concern the GeForce 600, 700 and 900 series GPUs, which means that Kepler, Maxwell 1.0 and Maxwell 2.0 are the affected architectures.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, are any of you with dancing clouds using the SoFly Weather Premium Pro that you can get from Orbx???

Nah, no weather addons at all.

No add-ons either.

I’m having the exact same issue with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same problem, flickering clouds. GTX960M 4GB

No official response from them yet :frowning:

Same issue here :man_facepalming:t2:

Same problem too gtx780ti

There was one actually from support earlier today. It is unlikely that we will be getting a fix because the GeForce 600/700 series GPUs are now considered obsolete.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/3X/a/7/a71f998b6918069131dc63df0dc249b3225b1374.png

How about 900?

I’m guessing they also mean the GTX 950M and GTX 960M since those two are based on the Maxwell 1.0 architecture, unlike the rest of the 900 series which is based on Maxwell 2.0 and those GPUs do not experience this issue.