Blue Skies and Lightening

There’s lightning with EVERY cloud now. it’s kind of funny seeing lightning with wispy clouds. SMH

2 Likes

same above india yesterday

Every flight is like taking flack!

2 Likes

In real life lightening can happen up to 20 miles away from any storm. Just a fun fact.

Same here, yesterday on Trinidad & Tobago, few scattered clouds… lightnings everywhere

1 Like

…and over Seville this evening, just enjoying a beautiful moonlit evening flight when all of a sudden - tremendous thunderstorm out of nowhere. I almost befouled my favourite flying overalls…

3 Likes

lol, looks like you upset zeus. must have flow over some ancient artifact

1 Like

Yep indeed same recognized today. Nice weather and lightnings.

When have only had a chance to try the new update once so far. Lo an behold, when I loaded up there was lightning with very few clouds. In all fairness there was a storm cell nearby, but i did experience the clearish sky lightning. By the time I had completed taxi to the active, the cloud had moved in more. Its almost as if the engine had to make the clouds “calculate result” a little before it fully generated the clouds themselves…

My example above was similar … clouds were starting to build up out of nowhere behind me.

I was so surprised that I actually checked the area METARs since I was using ‘live’ weather (so much for proper flight planning :slight_smile:). They were reporting typical high pressure conditions - light winds, a couple of light cloud layers and moderate humidity … nothing to suggest developing CBTS conditions. And up to this storm, those conditions had been nicely and accurately represented.

Don’t know what’s going on with the weather engine, I can just imagine an aggrieved developer somewhere muttering, “…not enough storms, I’ll give 'em bl**dy storms!”

My three last consecutive flights in real-life weather since the patch have all included thunder in the background but no rain. Three widely different places.

1 Like

had at haifa and kyiv today, but in kyiv looks like it was in the real too:)

With live weather on, I have lightning basically non stop on every flight with any clouds… It’s so annoying…

Hard to argue that said lightning looks amazing though. It may be dialed up a little too much in frequency, but it looks just amazing…

From having no Lightning in Storms pre-patch there’s now far far too much with non-storm related weather. Be a good thing if they actually fixed issues before rushing patches out.

Zendesk. If you want things fixed then complaining on the forum isn’t going to do.

1 Like

Good grief, really?

1 Like

This really needs a hotfix. 9 out of 10 flights now have thunder and lightning.

3 Likes

Zendesk is useless. They don’t read your reports, and reply with cut-and-paste answers.

It’s far more viable to draw attention to things in the forum, I think.

:rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: